A 100% vegan cafe with smaller hearty dishes like wraps and sandwiches. In-house made cakes and cupcakes are available as well as cookies, fruit gum and chocolate. On Saturdays and Sundays you can also have breakfast including cheese and cold cuts. Drinks are bottled and non-alcoholic. Outside seating is very limited with a single two-seat bench, but on the inside there is plenty of room at 4 tables plus a row of bar tables by the window. Atmosphere is very calm and quiet and welcoming. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery
Now Open

Tue-Fri 12:00pm-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by VeganJazzman
JessOeh
JessOeh

Great coffee!

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2015

My pumpkin spiced latte was amazing! And I love fresh peppermint tea so I had one of those, too :) Unfortunately we were a little disappointed with the cake. We had one with almond cream and one with straciatella cream as these are quite special and you don't eat something like that very often. They were good but let's say they are not good enough to convince an omnivore. Usually you are surprised how good a vegan alternative can taste. Not in this case. But still it's a very friendly and cosy cafe :)

pvlnglv
pvlnglv

nice little place, great cake

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2015

Very comfy. the menu it not huge but I prefer it this way since it usually means better food. prices were about average for Germany. really enjoyed the cake, unlike most vegan cakes it was not too sweet (which is usually a huge negative for me). probably not the best place to go if you are hungry and want a proper meal as portions are small-ish

Pros: all vegan, very chill
McVegan01
McVegan01

All about the Cake

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2015

My girlfriend and I popped in here on a quiet Sunday when very little else was open for a light lunch and a slice of cake.

The staff were very helpful, explaining what they had in English and going through the array of cakes within the counter. They didn't have many savoury foods (looks like this was a result of the time we went), but did have a tomato, pesto and cheese toastie so we both had one of those, which went down very well.

The cakes here are the stars though - we had slices of the raspberry and chocolate cakes. The sponge was perfectly fluffy, and the icing light and with the perfect amount of flavour. The flavouring is quite subtle so I can imagine it might not be to all tastes.

In general I'm not a huge fan of cake and really enjoyed it, and my girlfriend (who certainly is a fan of good vegan cake) said it was the best she had had. So much so that she bought a 3rd slice(the nougat cake), and required an intervention to prevent that extending to 4 :)

So in short - when in Dusseldorf go here, buy some cake, and stuff it in your face.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 24, 2015

Jacko
Jacko

Great place to be! Delicious

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2015

Large choice of delicious homemade cakes and other snacks.

Pros: Bench in the sun outside, all vegan , large choice and DELICIOUS!
Thekla
Thekla

Best Cakes in Town

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2015

I totally recommend the Carrot Cake Cafe. They`re fully Vegan and from Time to time they even have some raw treats. The Variety of beverages an cakes ist always big enough for everyones taste and the atmosphere is cosy an nice.
If you`re in Duesseldorf, go there!

Pros: friendly people, good variety, good prices
Lissa
Lissa

Fantastic food, lovely owner, beautiful place

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2014

We had a scrumptious sandwich and world-class vegan cake. The owner was very caring and did everything to accommodate us.

Beautiful place, a must-go in Düsseldorf!

Pros: Scrumptious food, very kind owner, beautiful café
VeganJazzman
VeganJazzman

1st Vegan Café in D'Dorf

Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

pure vegan. Cakes, Coffee and more. At weekends as well breakfast. Been there today (Saturday) having a nice breakfast (vegan cheese, etc.) and then one of the nice cakes (check on facebook their daily choice). Nice staff, really affordable and worth the price...

Pros: Cakes, Breakfast, Price

Dear Owner and Manager of Carrot Cake: