Serves meat, veg options available. The city of Glendale has very few pure veg restaurants, and this place, while serving predominately Middle Eastern meat dishes (Lebanese, Armenian, Greek), has a separate vegetarian menu. Nice atmosphere and the waiters understand what "vegan" means. Hosts nightly entertainment. Price: Moderate more-less
Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Greek, Armenian, Non-veg
304 N Brand Blvd
Glendale, California 91203
818-246-7775

Open Tue-Thur, Sun 11:30am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:30pm.

First Review by HRF
veg_ayo
veg_ayo

Yum

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

I have been going to Carousel for years and the food is still delicious. Be aware though that everything on the "vegan" menu isn't vegan! I had a waiter a few months ago that saw us with the vegan menu and asked if we were vegan. She then informed us that some of the items in there are only vegetarian. If you're vegan, don't eat the mutabbal as it has yogurt or the spinach fatoyers (sp?) as they're brushed with butter. Also, none of the rice is vegan, it's all made with chicken broth! I was pretty upset when I found out since I've been going there for so long. I've gotten over being upset about it and I've gone back but I just ask questions about what's in the dishes.

HRF
HRF

Vegan feast

4 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2011

I ate last night at Carousel after being tipped off by a friend that they had a special vegan/vegetarian menu. The restaurant served a wide variety of middle eastern dishes, mostly meat but they have been thoughtful in creating a vegan menu that doesn't disappoint. My husband and I elected for the family style vegan fixed menu which was about $25 each and boy the plates kept coming. Delicious selection of side dishes, salads, pickles and small entree plates. We ended up taking tons of it home as there was truly an overwhelming amount of food for 2 people. If you don't mind being surrounded by meat eaters, and are wearing stretchy waistband pants, I'd totally recommend this place.

Pros: lots of choice, friendly staff, excellent food
Cons: serves meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Carousel Restaurant: