Vegetarian restaurant made with local and organic produce whenever possible. Vegan and gluten free dishes are shown in the menu. Can host groups from 10 people every day (lunch and dinner) including Sundays on request. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, French

YE4RSLEY1975
YE4RSLEY1975

Carottes Gingembre

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

A nice, friendly little restaurant in the main shopping area of St Jean d'Angely. Located on the corner of Rue des Bancs and Rue du Jeu de Paume, convenient for the shops, the old abbey and the tourist office.

The menu changes every week, with a choice of two starters, two mains and two sweets. I had stuffed tomatoes and rice for my main, and my friend had tagliatelle which was the other main dish. For my sweet I chose the stewed apples in chocolate mousse. They also have a good selection of organic beers and wines, and their own carrot and ginger juice (hence the name of the restaurant "Carottes Gingembre" - carrot and ginger juice).

It is only a small restaurant, but there was no problem getting a table at lunchtime. The kitchen is behind a counter next to the seating area, so you can see the food being prepared. Service was very quick and efficient - the waitress brought my sweet as she came to take my main course plate!

They also have a disabled access toilet and small children's play area with toys at the rear.

In a country that does not cater much for vegetarians, I have nothing but praise for this restaurant!

Pros: Fantastic food, Excellent service, Friendly staff
Cons: Could do with more choice of dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of Carottes Gingembre: