Wedged in the idyllic streets of troy, my friends and I ventured here after a long day of thrift store shopping. We also decided to celebrate the ending of an onerous semester at school! The staff are very knowledgeable and don't transmogrify into werewolves at the dropping of the V* word. Our waitress was completely cognizant of what veganism entailed and even warned us that the plantains were tainted with some poor little piggy fat. Apparently their preparation varies on the chef/cook in that day. My friend steered us here, she exalts over the place. She's a vegan and has many food allergies. They cook all of their food in olive oil, so no soy worries! She ordered the vegetable platter and received many a grilled specimen (zucchini, peppers, mushroom, etc). Also ordered a side of beans and rice, which she gulped down with voracity. I'm pretty sure they have many veggie friendly options. I normally sit these places out, but I decided I was ravenous enough to order a salad. It was remarkable! It came with mangoes, onion, avocado, tomatoes, and normally a balsamic vinaigrette. I ordered it dry though. I've been in love with the combination and have been making my salads like that since! Great environment and atmosphere, they even have a few tables outside if you're feeling the sunlight and don't mind the vistas of troy! ;DPros: tasty food, knowledgeable staff, good value
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Troy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Carmen's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 1047 times since Jan 2013.