Carlito's Mexican Bar and G...

Serves meat, veg options available. Management worked with local vegans to develop a separate vegetarian & vegan food menu - ask for it. On it are spicy tofu burritos, tacos, fajitas, vegan Daiya cheese. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

Kerijean
Kerijean

yummy surprise!

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2014

High five to James our server for recommending the vegan molcajete which is a lil bit spicy & yummy! It's basically veggies in sauce & I recommend guac on the side - I did opt for daiya on top of the molcajete - it was great.
My 8 year old had a "burrito" but be warned it comes with a red sauce on top that she frowned upon. The refried beans are tasty as heck. Margarita was "meh" because no fresh lime.

cerpin
cerpin

Great food, AMAZING service!

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2014

We come here often for the amazing vegan menu they offer with great items including daiya cheese quesadillas and, my favorite, the chimichangas. The last couple visits we've had an incredible server named James who took really attentive care of us and was really nice. Definitely recommend for the yummy menu and friendly staff!

Raesock
Raesock

Vegan Mexican!

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

I was so happy to be in a Mexican place that had a whole separate vegan/vegetarian menu! And you can even get vegan cheese! My husband and I both got the spice tofu tacos and they were pretty good. And they were definitely spicy. We were there at around 2 in the afternoon and it was pretty deserted. The service was good, I'd go back if we were in town again.

Pros: spicy tacos, vegan menu, daiya cheese

TheVeganVagabond
TheVeganVagabond

Best choice for Mexican food!

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2014

I LOVE the chipotle tofu burrito! The spicy tofu is incredibly hot, so unless you want to cry, you may want to stick with the chipotle tofu or just veggies. Ask for the vegan cheese (Daiya). It's important to say you're vegan and that you don't want any sour cream (They're forgotten a couple times...) There's a full two-page vegetarian/vegan menu. Free chips and salsa. It can get busy in the evenings, but we don't usually have to wait very long.

Pros: 2-page Vegan Menu, Free Chips and Salsa, Lots of seating
Cons: Street parking only, Need to remind them about the sour cream

Dear Owner and Manager of Carlito's Mexican Bar and Grill: