Serves meat, veg options available. A lively, family owned and operated restaurant. Will accommodate vegans. Smoothies, tropical salad, roti, curry, vegetable stir-fry in salsa, and more. Local, organic vegetables and produce used when possible. No MSG, preservatives, or additives used and low sodium meals available. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Caribbean, Non-veg
123 York Street (King St, downtown Fredericton)
Fredericton, New Brunswick

highcarbveganhippie
highcarbveganhippie

Good Food, Good Service

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

The food is delicious, portions were a bit small when we went, for the price. Very accommodating for vegans.

Pros: Vegan Friendly , Great Service , Delicious Food
Cons: Hours Open
IzzyV
IzzyV

Fantastic Food in a friendly atmosphere

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2010

Went to Caribbean Flavas and was delighted by the friendly and helpful staff. Gave advance notice of being vegan and was offered a few choices, all of them delicious. Samosas and coconut curry onion rings for starters and a great curry cashew vegetable dish as main. Please note that most of the dishes are quite spicy but if you don't like that I'm sure they can help you out. They even offer cocnut milk ice cream made on the premises!
Truely a delightful restaurant and wonderful staff. Prices are reasonable and I can't wait to go back. They even offer catering!

Pros: Wonderful food, Excellent Athmosphere, Good Value
veganchrulie
veganchrulie

Good Food, annoying service

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2010

We visited Caribbean Flavas last year. We called in advance and told the staff we were vegan. They had some very nice options, the food was great. Very delicious. A bit pricey. We found the atmosphere a bit annoying. The staff were very friendly but I guess they don't get many vegans eating there. They had countless questions about veganism etc. Don't get me wrong, we like informing people about vegan lifestyle, and the ethics behind it, and what you do and don't eat, etc. ; however, when we go out to dinner, we're looking for a nice evening to relax and not have to cook, and not to be pestered by our server.

Pros: excellent food, nice decor, vegan options
Cons: annoying, pricey

marturey
marturey

Delicious Food and Wonderful Atmosphere

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2008

I called in advance to verify they could accommodate us as vegans. I was told that it wouldn't be a problem. When I arrived we were offered a variety of options. I had the curry which was incredible!!! It was served with sweet potatoes and rice. My friend had a vegan stir-fry. The smoothies were super too. The server really made us feel at home and seemed enthusiastic to accommodate us. She was very friendly (the restaurant is family owned and it shows - service was great). She told us that the roti is vegan too as is some of their soups. I'll definitely be going back again. I loved that curry!!! It's one of the finer restaurants in downtown Fredericton. The curry was about $19 with rice and potatoes and the smoothies were about $5. I believe they are open for lunch on certain days and have a different lunch menu. I'm not sure if they serve alcohol. I'd give this 5 stars if I could but the system only allows 4 stars for restaurants that aren't 100% vegan : )

Pros: Food, Atmosphere & Decor, Friendly Service
Cons: nil

Dear Owner and Manager of Caribbean Flavas: