Cardinal Rule Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Majority of menu is vegetarian and is clearly labeled as vegan, veggie, and/or gluten-free. Large brunch selection. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Take-out, Non-veg
5 Roncesvalles Ave (Queen St W )
Toronto, Ontario
647-352-0202

Open Tue-Thur 11am-11:30pm, Fri 11am-11:59pm, Sat 10am-11:59pm, Sun 10am-10pm.

First Review by CourtneyM
shirley1
shirley1

Great food and service

4 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2013

I recently ate at Cardinal Rule . I went with my meat eating family. We all had amazing food.
Being vegan and gluten free was no problem at all. I had the triple decker with tofu , avo , lettuce , it was very yummy.
My husband had a veggi burger on gluten free. Also very good.
I went again and had the spicy Asian noodles. All gluten free and began. All very yumm-0

Pros: Great food, Great service
yvettexo
yvettexo

Hot, Delicious Vegetarian Pub / Comfort Food

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

I'm so happy to have found this place, because I adore hot comfort food (I'll pass on the cold hummus wrap or pasta primavera that most omnivorous establishments offer) and this menu has no shortage. Many vegetarian and vegan options, and they cater to gluten-free diets, too.

My friend and I shared the vegan fish n chips and the vegan pulled pork sandwich, which is a very popular special. Both were fabulous, including the gravy we ordered for the fries.

I need to go back soon, to try the brunch, and the VEGGIE VOLCANO

Red wine peppercorn gravy poured over pearl onions, seasonal veggies and meatless loaf towered atop potato & leek latkes. Zing
[Veggie, Vegan]
$12.00

Mmmm.......volcano.

It's a cute, casual little place that is sure to please both veggies and meaties alike. Servers are efficient and very friendly.

Go! Eat!!

Pros: Great comfort food, Gluten free options, Excellent, friendly service
Cons: Daily Mac n cheese isn't always veg
CourtneyM
CourtneyM

not sure what they are going for

2 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

I really wanted to like this place, I really did. As a bar, it's a cute and cosy local spot with fun character. Its actually a great spot to bring a friend for a pitcher of beer where you can actually have a conversation without yelling. But I find the food misses the mark. Some of the vegan options I have had are just a icky pile of salty goop. The breakfast is actually ok, but expensive at $10. their Tofu bacon is basically liquid smoke on tofu (very shoe leathery), they should really just use something pre made. I was also hoping it would be a good spot to bring non-veggie friends. But when I brought two friends with me, they both couldn't finish their burgers. I think this place could improve if they dialed back the salt, but I don't know, I feel like this will just be a spot I take friends to for a drink not dinner.

Pros: vegan options clearly marked, nice spot for a beer
Cons: too salty, could improve food

Dear Owner and Manager of Cardinal Rule Restaurant: