About half of the menu are vegan dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Hare Krishna

First Review by KelseyApple
NomadShane
NomadShane

Cute Cafe Like Eatery

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

Its a small cute little cafe style eatery with outdoor seats. You order by the plate and pay $9 for 1 choice with rice, and add $3 for each additional thing you put on your plate. Decent portion size, I left perfectly full. Free water and free smiles.

Pros: Service
Cons: Size
jhon108
jhon108

health conciousness

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

the Cardamon pod is a Byron icon and has been serving great food for many years and promotes health on all levels. Body , Mind and Spirit. Don't leave without having a Chai !!

Nikki1801
Nikki1801

cute place..

4 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2013

This place is tucked away down a side alley (like many quirky shops in Byron!) so take your time finding this place like all the others.
I don't remember specifically what I ate here, I think I picked an item from the buffet and a snack like a samosa. Very friendly staff, and they also sell the byron bay bliss balls (which are delicious snacks- I uploaded a photo. Pretty useless, but thought I might as well upload it anyway!

vegan mikal
vegan mikal

Small in size but not on taste!

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2012

Cardamom Pod is a tiny place at the back of a small arcade. It has a bain marie with some hot food and a display fridge with salads and desserts. The prices are spectacularly low: $5 for dahl and rice, $6 for a couple of chunky kofta balls in rich tomato sauce and rice, $9 for some lovely curry and rice. The desserts start from a ridiculously low $4.50 for a massive serving of fruity halava with ginger cream.

We loved our lunch: it was easy, it was tasty, it was very quick, and it was cheap to boot. $32 for three meals and two desserts is hard to find in 2012 Australia. Best of all, the fitout is relaxing yet clean, crisp, and even stylish - a kind of New Age Indian chic (this venue is Hare Krishna, after all).

If you find yourself with a rumbling tummy in Byron Bay, this place is a must. Find some pennies and give it a shot - you won't be disappointed!

PS: Vegan food is mostly marked, but do mention you are vegan if ordering desserts or, in fact, anything at all - just in case. Indian vegetarians don't mind milk products, and this venue serves Indian cuisine.

Pros: Great taste, Lovely ambience, Low low prices
Cons: you can't bring more than 20 friends!
ekendra
ekendra

Byron Icon

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

"The Pod", as it is called by locals, is an iconic Byron Bay veg cafe for a reason. I haven't been for some time because they've opened a new place in Broadbeach on the Gold Coast which is more convenient for me.

I've had everything on the menu and I find the highlights hard to choose as I like it all. The dahl is the best I've ever had. The samosas with pineapple chutney are yum. Do not miss the pumpkin cheesecake.

The service is always friendly with spiritual Hare Krishna vibes. The prices are surprisingly reasonable for the quality of ingredients.

Bianca green girl
Bianca green girl

little gem

5 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2012

I went here this week after I found out that it was here when I visited the one in Broadbeach. It's not as glamorous and certainly not as big as the one in Broadbeach but that is where the differences end. The food was just as amazing. I tried the fresh paneer curry which was outstanding and the chocolate tart which was divine.

Pros: delicious food, cheap, very 'Byron'
Cons: SMALL, can get crowded
Neerga
Neerga

Disappointed

2 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2011

Having only heard positive things about the Cardamom Pod, I gave it a go. I was a bit disappointed with the food, it was nice but nothing to rave about. I probably wouldn't eat there again as there are other places I can eat in Byron Bay that serve better meals.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Food was ok
Lianne
Lianne

Food was Divine

5 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2010

I was in Byron Bay for 5 nights. I ate there and bought takeaway nearly everyday. The food was absolutely magnificent and it was so cheap, unbelievably the best restaurant I have been to. The service was exeptional too.

KelseyApple
KelseyApple

Yay!

5 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2006

I'm so glad to see that this restaurant is still doing there and doing well. I visited 3 years ago and it was delicious and cheap. I had the vegan platter and I have to say that my favourite part was the pakoras with mango chutney!! mmm... If you are in Byron, you can't miss this place!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Cardamom Pod: