Captive Animals' Protection...

CAPS is a UK-based charity leading the campaign to end the use of animals in entertainment. more-less

First Review by JohnnySensible
JB23
JB23

Amazing organisaiton...

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

Put quite simply...CAPS are brilliant!

The staff and volunteers are really dedicated and work hard to end animal exploitation and cruelty of animals held captive in circuses and zoos, as well as those exploited within the television/film industry and sold for profit as part of the "exotic pet" trade.

For more information visit their website:
www.captiveanimals.org

For the animals! x

Pros: Undercover investigations, Research, Campaigns & education
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible

• herbivore

Fighting an old fight - for animals!

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

A wonderful group of people.

In 2013 animals are still tortured & paraded in circuses, zoos & other terrible places.

Consider supporting them!
From almost exactly 100 years ago - John Galsworthy - speaking in 1913.
From - "TREATMENT OF ANIMALS - BEING A SPEECH DELIVERED AT THE KENSINGTON TOWN HALL (LONDON, UK) ON DECEMBER 15, 1913, AT A MEETING CALLED TO PROTEST AGAINST CRUELTIES TO PERFORMING ANIMALS" - BY - JOHN GALSWORTHY
Excerpt -
~......I have no special knowledge, like some who will speak to you to-night, of the training of performing animals, I have only a certain knowledge of human and animal natures, and a common sense which tells me that wild animals are more happy in freedom than in captivity; domestic animals more happy as companions than as clowns. And — quite apart from (the) definite question of inhumanity — of which I personally have no right to speak — it is perfectly clear to me that these animal shows are among the many surviving evidences, the lingering symptoms, of a creed that — thank heaven !— is beginning to pass, and must pass, from us. That creed said : We human beings have the right, for our pleasure, convenience, and distraction, to disregard in the matter of dumb creatures, those principles which our religion, morality, and education have fixed as the guiding stars of our conduct towards human beings. (In parentheses — please note, that I do not to-night touch on the question of our rights over dumb creatures in so far as our actual self-preservation is concerned; I limit my words for the moment to pleasure, convenience, and distraction.)~

John Galsworthy (14 August 1867 – 31 January 1933)

Through his writings he campaigned for a variety of causes, including prison reform, women's rights, animal welfare, and the opposition of censorship.

Dear Owner and Manager of Captive Animals' Protection Society: