All vegan cupcake bakery. Previously a food truck. This location opened Dec 2012. more-less
2211 E. Cesar Chavez
Austin, Texas 78702
512-666-7437

Mon-Sat 10:00am-7:00pm

First Review by SarahAndScott
JustaPack
JustaPack

I don't know how they do it

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

I don't know how they do it, but these cupcakes are incredible. I've had a decent amount of vegan baked goods and a lot of times they just seem a little off but the cupcakes at this bakery are amazing. I even gave one to my father (who doesn't understand my vegetarian diet) and he loved them...had no clue they were vegan.

Pros: Cupcakes!, Nice Staff, Lots of Variety
Cons: Parking is a little limited
saveur
saveur

These cupcakes live up to their hype

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2014

These cupcakes live up to their hype. They were very good. Their frostings totally made them over-the-top great. I tried their recommended chocolate peanut butter cupcake and while I thought the cupcake was not that memorable, the frosting was stellar. The beignet flavoured cupcake was moist and just perfect, though.

I only wished they were open on Sundays, since I don't live in Austin

nicolemonster
nicolemonster

Best vegan bakery in the world!!

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2014

You can tell these cupcakes are made with lots of love--- they are always moist, and the frosting always has the perfect amount of flavor! They typically have yummy toppings atop the frosting too! There is often at least one or two "special" flavors each week, and Capital City Bakery has yet to make something that is "just okay" in my book. The cheesecake is TO DIE FOR, as are the brownies!!! TRY ALL THE VEGAN YUMMINESS!!

eatyourveggies
eatyourveggies

The best vegan treats in town!

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

We are so blessed to have Capital City Bakery. She has the best vegan treats in town! There isn't one thing that I tried that I didn't like! I can't wait for the new location where she'll have an even bigger selection and some gluten-free, naturally sweetened treats too!

Pros: Taste, Selection
Cons: Growing waistline ;P, Sugar high ;P
thelittleredjournal
thelittleredjournal

Some of the first vegan cupcakes I had in Austin!

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2013

A couple of coworkers told me about Capital City Bakery after I was a few months in to my vegan journey. It was a little while longer before I was able to check it out, but I attended a Vegan Pizza Party that they hosted in July 2012 and met some really great people. I brought a box of goodies home to my non-vegan friends and family that were visiting, and they devoured them. Since then, I've visited several times and have enjoyed multiple treats, including cupcakes and cookies. All have been super tasty and I am proud to say I have a frequent buyer punch card!

I didn't know what to expect when I discovered there were cupcakes and cookies available that were made without cow's milk and eggs. At Capital City Bakery, they have moist and sweet treats for just about everyone! While I tried my first vegan treat, I just kept thinking how amazing it all tasted. Every time I go, I have to be sure to bring home a treat for my husband, as well.

Capital City Bakery's food trailer is parked on Rio Grande St. and MLK Blvd. beside Conscious Cravings. The location is great and it's not too far from my office. This means venturing out to snag a treat every once in a while to break up the work day. I've tasted a variety of different options available and have loved them all! So if you've gone vegan and still have a sweet tooth (and you know you do), head on over to Capital City Bakery soon!

Pros: all vegan, good value, friendly owner
KatieB
KatieB

Wedding Cupcakes!

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2012

Capital City Bakery did the cupcakes (and a small top cake) for my wedding in October, and I got RAVE reviews from every guest who tried them. The flavors were pumpkin spice, apple cider, and cinnamon maple, and Kristen put beautifully colored fall leaves in fondant on each cupcake. I've also tried her pumpkin cinnamon rolls (to DIE for) and all her flavors of whoopie pies (OMG) AND most of the flavors of her cupcakes. The peanut butter crunch tastes like a sexy butterfinger, the blackout cupcakes are like sugary sin, and the candy cane cupcakes are a new Christmas tradition in my household! My husband loves her sugar cookies, and I love the raspberry almond cupcakes the best. You really can't go wrong at this trailer, she can do no wrong. Our problem is that we can never decide, so we buy so much we end up in a sugar coma :) The location is also right next to Conscious Cravings, which has fantastic vegan food for the full experience.

Coral
Coral

I bought one of everything.

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

I really wish I lived near this place.

SarahAndScott
SarahAndScott

YUM

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

I was so thrilled to see a vegan food truck open right down the street from me! So far I have had the peanut butter crunch cupcake, which was AWESOME, like the most amazing gourmet butterfinger flavor ever. I also tried the mini apple pie, which was pretty darn good. I took it home, warmed it up and slapped some nada moo ice cream on it and it was heavenly. I cant wait to try more of the amazing treats they are whipping up at that cute little trailer. They have rotating specials so there is always something new to look forward to. I think next time I'll try a rockie road brownie or a stache cookie. And as if having a delicious baked goodies truck at that park wasn't enough, whats even better is that now that there are 2 vegan trucks there, more vegan trailers are popping in. Hopefully in the near future it will be full of 100% vegan trucks!

Pros: SO TASTY!, Rotating Specials, VEGAN!
Cons: A little pricey, but worth it!

Dear Owner and Manager of Capital City Bakery: