Offers a variety of smoothies and juices as well as fresh organic bowls and salads. Build-your-own bowl option. Local kombucha and beer on tap. Same owners as Sip juice cart. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Juice bar, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out
2816 SE Stark St (SE 28th)
Portland, Oregon 97214
503-964-0820

Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

First Review by elizabet
Juliett_Oscar
Juliett_Oscar

Love this place

5 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2013

Delicious bowls, great smoothies, friendly staff - what more can you ask for? Nice place to hang out solo, or with a buddy. Extra points for easy bike parking and good beers! So happy to have a go-to spot in SE.

Pros: You will feel good after eating here, Friendly staff
Cons: loud inside because of blender action, can take awhile because of small kitchen
choicesustenance
choicesustenance

Fresh food

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2013

Canteen is a small place, but they have a large selection of food and fresh juice. They have outdoor seating, which was perfect for enjoying a nice spring day. My husband and I each ordered a fresh juice, which came in a large glass. I was impressed, since often fresh juice is served in smaller quantities. The prices were very reasonable. We each ordered one of their bowls, and I was pleased with the flavors! Their veggies were freshly steamed & it was obvious they prepare things from scratch.

Pros: fresh food, large sizes for juice, outdoor seating
saveur
saveur

My favourite resto in Portland

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

We hit a few restos while in Portland and this was our favourite (sorry Portobello). Absolutely adored their Portland bowl. Good smoothies and they order in their desserts. I had a lovely Rawdicious raw cheesecake for dessert. Highly recommended. Worth the trek over from downtown (easy with public transport, btw)

Pros: Portland bowl

VintageVariety
VintageVariety

All vegan food, beer, & juice

5 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2012

What more could I ask for? Yummy, healthy bowls.. salads, juice, and beer. Small, friendly place. Some outdoor seating. My husband and I shared the taco salad and the Portland bowl. Both were really good. We will definitely return on one of our ventures to Portland.

Pros: vegan food, beer, juice
Cons: none
elizabet
elizabet

Healthy and delicous.

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

This is a brick and mortar location opened by the guys who run the two Sip juice carts.

So my boyfriend and I biked over last night for a beer and to see the menu. This place has just opened. It seemed to be a mixture of bowls and salads alongside the expected (amazing) juices and smoothies that Sip is known for. (As well as a small, but nice, beer, wine and dessert menu.)

I had the Taco Salad: walnut meat, cashew nacho cheese, avocado, tomatoes and onions on a bed of greens for $8. It was super tasty with the right amount of spice. I was still a little hungry after (would have loved to have some black beans on it.)

My friend got the bangkok bowl: brown rice, kimchee, black sesame, brocolli and beans (can't remember the kind) with a peanut curry sauce. Super tasty. Yum.

Pros: healthy cuisine, thoughtful combos, tasty
Cons: not filling

Dear Owner and Manager of Canteen: