Candy store in the city center that also offers vegan-friendly candies from licorice and gummy bears to vegan cola bottles and marshmallows. In-store free sampling. Has online store and worldwide delivery. more-less
Nieuwe Hoogstraat 4 A

Julia*
Julia*

Candy Heaven

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2016

We couldn't believe how many vegan options they had, it was amazing! We got to sample so many sweets and bought quite a few, they were all delicious! The staff was very friendly and was able to answer all our questions. Everything is labelled as well so it is really easy to find your way around. Too bad their self-made waffles are not vegan but everything else was great!

Pros: biggest vegan candy selection ever, delicious, very friendly staff
rogaux
rogaux

omg. vegan winegums

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2015

organic vegan winegums and tons of other video vegan candy. Just great. I am kind of lucky that a store like that doesn't exist where I live. I would go there much too often.

aenkelkind
aenkelkind

vegan candy heaven

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2015

Candy Freaks provides you with organic, natural, and classic candy, and chocolate. Everything is clearly marked, the most vegan candy is in the organic area. It's very delicious, but expensive, you better savour the candy you've bought.
I still enjoy my bag of candy, but dont' panic, you can buy it online. The melonrings are truly recommendable.

Pros: lots of vegan candy, nice staff
Cons: expensive

GoldenTurtle
GoldenTurtle

A lot of vegan candy

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2015

First time I will be able to eat some candies since I went vegan. Clearly marked what is vegan and not.

Pros: Vegan candy, Clearly marked
Cons: Expensive
nishakmatharu
nishakmatharu

Great!

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2015

really nice to find a place that sells vegetarian/vegan sweets!
the guy that owns the place is great.. we had a great time sampling all the sweets!
Definitely recommend a visit!

Pros: great choice of sweets
Cons: none
MitziTant
MitziTant

Wonderful experience!

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2014

We had a great time there! The woman working there took her time showing us all their vegan flavors, letting us have a taste of everything. Some of them really taste like their non-veg counterparts!
Everything is well labled, organic and very tasty. Very central location!

Pros: Very friendly and helpful staff, Great variety, Authentic taste
Cons: Bit pricey, but worth it!
flormadel
flormadel

Great for vegan candy!

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2013

This place is great for vegans who miss gummy candy and chocolatey goodies, which are almost impossible to find elsewhere. The price is a bit higher than the ones you can get elsewhere in Amsterdam, but it's worth it as you know for sure what you are getting. Everything is clearly labeled, and the guy who was working there was really eager, enthusiastic, and gave us lots of candy to try. Will definitely be back!

Pros: clearly labeled, great service, unique products
Cons: more expensive than other candy stores
MicalLex
MicalLex

Great surprise

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

We accidently took a look into the shop and when we were about to go, the shopowner didn't let us.
Such a funny and friendly guy (though he forced us to try some of his sweets :) ). We totally missed the vegetarian/vegan sweets, but after he showed them to us we left with two bags of finest sweets plus popcorn as a gift.

They don't beg for facebook likes, they earn them.

Pros: large variety, nice and vegatarian owner
hermey
hermey

Amazing!

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

I had read about this store on here but forgot to write down the location. But today I ended up happening upon it, which can only be an
Act of some divine candy force.

I went in the store and was met by an enthusiastic member of staff, giving me handfuls of vegan sweets to try! It's basically a big pick and mix sweet shop in which half of the shop is vegan and organic. The most vegan sweets I have ever seen in one place. This is the best vegan candy place I've ever come across. Can't recommend highly enough.

Don't tell my dentist.

Pros: Friendly staff, Very clearly marked vegan, The sweets!
Cons: That I don't live in Amsterdam
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Tons of vegan candy!!

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

This place is AWESOME. Tons and tons of vegan candy to buy in bulk by weight. Everything is clearly labeled whether it's vegan, gluten-free, etc.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Pros: Vegan candies
idjuv
idjuv

Hooray!

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2013

This is great! I went here three times in one week. The vegan organic candy is amazing and I loved all the people working here.

Pros: good vegan options, Great staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Candy Freaks: