Organic vegan cuisine. Sister cafe to Candle Cafe and Candle 79. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American
2427 Broadway (btwn 89th and 90th)
New York City, New York 10024

VegHeadNYC
VegHeadNYC

Vegan Bliss

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2015

I was THRILLED when I found out that Candle Cafe opened a West Side location. I LOVE the original Candle Cafe and am so thrilled they opened a location closer to where I live. This location is bigger and has a more elegant ambiance than the original UES location. The menus are very similar; the Candle Nachos, Seitan Chimichurri, Cajun Seitan sandwich and Seitan Piccata are not to be missed. The desserts and smoothies are all excellent. I went to Candle Cafe West with my family to celebrate my birthday, and the staff put a candle in the dessert I ordered and wished me a very happy birthday. This is a vegan restaurant you definitely MUST check out while visiting/living in NYC.

Brok O. Lee
Brok O. Lee

Superb Gourmet Experience!

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2014

We went here for my sister's birthday celebration and it was an amazing experience. Not only is the place all vegan, the produce is organic. We shared several appetizers and salads to start. I especially loved the vegetable ravioli, which were large and delicious and served with sauteed spinach. Also the roasted beet salad came with a dollop of almond cheese that was out of this world. I had the chanterelle-crusted tofu for my main course and it was divine. The service was first rate. I would heartily recommend this place to anyone, no matter whether vegan or omnivore, who enjoys excellent food. The place is expensive - our bill came to a little over $300 (5 people), including appetizers, drinks, mains, and dessert. Well worth it!

Pros: Delicious gourmet food, All vegan, Fantastic service
rach
rach

Fantastic casual dining

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2014

We really enjoyed eating here. Our waitress was friendly and helpful, the food was fabulous quality and the dining experience was great. It is a great casual dining. We had the seitan skewers, nachos, cooked kale salad and the empanadas - they were all really delicious. I would definatley come back. An easy 5/5 stars.

Pros: Great quality food, Friendly Service , Comfortable environment
Cons: None come to mind

MichaelBeasley
MichaelBeasley

Outstanding experience

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

I arrived for lunch on a Tuesday before the rush. The service was friendly and prompt and the BBQ tempeh sandwich was delightful. Would go again.

Sally K
Sally K

Memorable Birthday Dinner

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

I asked to be taken to this vegetarian restaurant for my birthday, and I wasn't disappointed. My husband and I enjoyed the experience immensely; the food, the ambiance and the service. I started out with a WATERMELON BASIL CHIA FRESCA drink, which was fun and interesting...not sure if it is a repeat drink, but I'm glad I tried it. They offer about 20 creative non-alcoholic drinks and they all sound wonderful. Their tomato-avocado tartare appetizer is out of this world as was their wild mushroom salad. My husband wasn't quite as fond of the cornmeal-crusted tempeh, but my daily special main course was divine. A table nearby had ordered the spaghetti and wheatballs (love the name), and it smelled delicious. For dessert we split a trio of sorbets, and we loved two out of three. I highly recommend this restaurant, not just for vegetarians but for the adventurous diner. The fare is creative, beautiful and delicious...this is high style dining, and you will have a memorable experience.

Pros: Creative and generous dishes, Wonderful ambiance & service, Delicious combinations
Cons: Has bustling atmosphere, Needs reservations - gets booked
HiPB
HiPB

Great environment

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

Enjoy vegan food in a fine dining atmosphere. I are the nachos, which, at $16 and listed as an appetizer, I thought would be sufficient for a meal. They were delicious but a very small serving. Still, the waitress was nice and my order came quickly. Will return with friends.

Pros: quick service, atmosphere
Cons: price
VeganAimee18
VeganAimee18

Classy and fabulous!

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

All of the servers I came in contact with at Candle Cafe West were so kind, attentive, and friendly. The food was elegantly displayed, tasted delicious and provided a good amount of variety. The restaurant is classy, beautiful, and all vegan & organic! What else can you ask for! It's a big pricey, but a good place to splurge. Great experience there!

Pros: friendly staff, delicious food, classy decor
Cons: expensive prices
steveveg
steveveg

Candle makes welcome addition to the West Side

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

As might be expected, Candle Cafe West's menu bears some similarities to its sister restaurants, Candle 79 and Candle Cafe. In keeping with the quality of the other Candles, I found the food delicious, the setting appealing, service excellent, and the restaurant's mission of organic and seasonal food laudatory. These restaurants are among my very favorites. We had among us a seaweed salad, the mole fajitas, chipotle grilled tofu and the special fettuccine. I especially enjoyed the fajitas and tofu. There was a substantial gluten-free menu. For dessert we had the berry crumble, with a variety of berries, and the peanut butter chocolate mousse pie. Both were excellent, flavorful and not overly sweet. We were very pleased to have this addition to the West Side.

Pros: organic vegan, delicious & varied menu, fine service

Dear Owner and Manager of Candle Cafe West: