Camros Organic Eatery

Organic food cafe featuring a changing food menu. Also offering organic desserts, teas, coffee, juices, and smoothies. Counter service. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Persian, Western, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out
25 Hayden Street
Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2P2
416-960-0723

Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-7:30pm, closed Sat-Sun.

First Review by sherill
SP
SP

Persian-inspired wholesome goodness

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

As other people have noted, Camros has a selection of food at the counter and you can order combinations of food, which is a great idea. The food is very good and all organic. The staff are friendly and helpful. We arrived late in the day so the choice was a little limited, but the food was still fresh and tasty.

Ohkamp
Ohkamp

simple, warm, hearty, and delicious

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

I'm always blown away by how much flavor they get out such seemingly simple dishes. I've loved everything I've had on their revolving menu except for one item, which is impressive considering I eat here twice a week. Be prepared for some steep prices, but you'll definitely feel good with your stomach full of such a wholesome meal.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, revolving menu items
Cons: pricey
fpero
fpero

nice place, good and delicate ORGANIC food

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

I came here almost every day while attending a 3 day conference in Toronto. I bought there both lunch and dinner, spending around 32 dollars each time. They have these combo options (up to 4 items) which is a good idea since allows to try half of what they serve that day (the menu varies daily). The soup is alway worth trying. Plus: it's organic, which is definitely a pro. The food is tasty and delicate, easily digestible. I also think that, with respect to the expensive prices in Toronto for .. everything .. given the quality and tastiness (and, again, that the food is organic!), it was not that expensive at all. Unfortunately, I missed the chance to try their cakes, which -- I've been told -- were delicious. Try the rice balls : they are always an option, with slight variation in the recipe form time to time. The only cons I can find for this place is that, when you ask for a combo, a ball in conceived as "one item", which I think it's not quite fair ... Some people of the staff are just as delicious as the food, a couple of them are quite hasty. Apart form this: great place!

Pros: organic food, tastiness, inexpensive
Cons: quantity of SOME items, just a couple of people from the staff
maulydaft
maulydaft

hm.

2 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2011

Gee. I was extremely disappointed. The only thing that excited me was the raw cheesecake I ate. Everything else was uninteresting and lacked flavour.

RockStar
RockStar

Always a pleasure

4 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2010

I enjoy eating at Camros quiet a bit and wish I would eat here more often. If you like food that tastes and feels clean in your body this is a good place to go. I usually get the three item plate which is enough to get the edge off my hunger, but not to really fill me up. I love their dressings - the tahini sauce is creamy and so delicious. I do wish that the portions were bigger. The seating area here is quiet small and last time I checked they were not open weekends.

Pros: Delicious, Organic
Cons: Price , Portions

Ken4057
Ken4057

Overpriced but healthy

3 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2009

The prices keep going up at Camros, almost half again what they started at for a combo when it first opened. It's now way overpriced.

That said, the Persian influenced items are delish and their ingredients are all displayed right in front of you when you pick your combo from a cafeteria-style counter.

They recently opened up a second location in North York inside The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and they serve MEAT there (!?!). Apparently they were obligated to because of their contract, but still, wtf Camro's?

Pros: super healthy, ingrdients all listed, friendly
Cons: serve meat at 2nd location, overpriced, really, really overpriced
  • Deveri Deveri

Hi Ken,
    thank you for your feedback, just wanted to clarify Camros actually never served meat at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. The college requested it and we did discuss it, but never actually served it. Hope that helps

Deveri (Camros manager)

shirley1
shirley1

great vegan food

5 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2009

I recently visited Camros and was very pleasantly surprised. The food is very simple and tasty. There are a few entres and salads to choose from and you can have combination plates.the buffet is all vegan.
My husband and I ate huge plates of food and we did not find it expensive at all. The owner does all the cooking and her family do the serving.
It was well worth the visit and I would return in a flash.

Pros: organic, healthy, tasty
Wunda
Wunda

Camros

4 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2009

I work a block from Camros, and I would easily eat there 2 or 3 times a week if it was less expensive. As it is, I only go there for special occasions. Maybe their rent if very high, but for a lunch place, it's pricey. The food is great, the place is very clean, bright, staff friendly. The place has a steady flow of customers, so I wonder why the price of vegetables is so high, even for organic ones???

Pros: good food, bright place, friendly staff
Cons: expensive, expensive, expensive
veggiewoman
veggiewoman

tasty but seriously overpriced

2 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2009

I tried camros today for lunch. I couldn't decide what to get because most of the trays were completely empty. I went for 1 potato ball and a lentil dish because that was about all that was there to choose from. While the food was good, I could not believe it cost $10.00. The ball was not much bigger than a golf ball and the lentil stuff was about a cup size. I could have gotten an actual meal, not a snack, if I went somewhere else.

Pros: tasty, vegan options
Cons: over-priced, ran out of food, non-vegan dessers
elicaha
elicaha

Mostly My Fault, But Still Upset

3 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2009

I don't know about you guys, when I walk into a restaurant whose menu proclaims to be free of all dairy products, eggs, and meat, I relax a little when ordering. I don't scrutinize everything with a microscope, and genuinely enjoy myself. That being said, the food at Camros was delicious and obviously made with love and care. A wonderful lunch on a chilly, windy, snowy, and rainy February day.
Unfortunately, perhaps it is my aging eyes, I ordered what I thought was a vegan brownie for dessert. The menu CLAIMED everything was vegan, so admittedly, did I read the ingredients right in front of my face when ordering said brownie, smitten with it's beauty? NO! And, I would not have even noticed the ingredients on a teeny tiny card at the front of the display case, had I not been waiting for my mother to put on her coat. What, do I see on said card? BUTTER, CREAM, and EGGS. Great. That's just great. I almost cried. Why would you make everything in the entire store vegan, except for one coveted item? Just why?
I admit, this was totally my fault. Lesson learned: ALWAYS read the ingredients, even if you want to feel relaxed.

Pros: Organic, Delicious, Friendly Staff
Cons: NONVEGAN BROWNIES, Slightly Pricey
sherill
sherill

Love this place!

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2008

Camros is one of my favourite casual restaurants in Toronto. The food is 100% organic and the entrees and most of the desserts are vegan. Everything tastes amazing and makes you feel great since it is filling but not heavy. The food items change according to the day of the week. Wednesdays are my personal favourite for the amazing cabbage rolls, but despite the day of the week, the food is always great. There is not a lot of seating as most people seem to get take-out, but for a quick bite, this is a great place to stop. It is not a full-service restaurant. You order and take your food to a table (or leave with it in a biodegradable container). I love that Camros is not only 98% vegan, but that they are also very ecologically responsible. The staff are very friendly and helpful as well. A smiling face always greets you at Camros.

Pros: food is tasty, organic and mostly vegan, very friendly staff, biodegradable takeout containers/cutlery

Dear Owner and Manager of Camros Organic Eatery: