Calico Cupboard Cafe and...

Serves meat, veg options available. Several vegetarian choices including chili, a veggie burger, quesadillas, sandwiches, and breakfast items, which includes the eggless skagit hash. Spelt bread upon request. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by marla5575
SunSplash
SunSplash

Happy Tummy

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

The breakfast choices are varied and even include Gluten Free waffles and pancakes!!! The Marionberry jam was so delicious that we bought the largest bottle available to take home. This is a popular place, so be sure to sign in as soon as you walk in the door. The folks are friendly even when they are super busy and the food comes in a reasonable time. Substitutions are OK and arranging a vegan or Gluten Free meal is simple:) A huge bonus is the walk-in bakery counter that even has Gluten Free bread! I wish Calico Cupboard was in my hometown and will eat there every time I get up to Anacortes.

Pros: Adorable Decor, Delicious Food, GF and Vegan!
Cons: Parking lot not paved
marla5575
marla5575

Great find in farm country!

4 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2010

I love this place. Lots of vegetarian option, quite vegan friendly. I had the Skagit Hash, which was delicious - tons of veggies over skillet-fried potatoes. Hubby had the eggplant sandwich, with roasted zucchini & artichoke pesto. The bread was fresh and delicious! Bing smack in the middle of a farming town I was quite surprised. 2 other locations - Anacortes & Mt. Vernon (I haven't tried those locations).

Pros: food, service, bakery!
Cons: long wait

Dear Owner and Manager of Calico Cupboard Cafe and Bakery: