Serves meat, veg options available. New American food restaurant. Prices are around $13-20 for a main which is moderate for this area. Around 40% of the menu is vegetarian, of which some are vegan suitable and marked VG. Casual, nice. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
855 El Camino Real Ste 130 (Town & Country Village)
Palo Alto, California 94301
650-322-9200

Open Mon-Fri 11am-9pm, Sat-Sun 9am-9pm.

First Review by AmandaT
AmandaT
AmandaT

• herbivore

Great Food, Very Veg-Welcoming

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in Palo Alto, conveniently located (for me) near Stanford campus. Their menu is half "plant- eaters" and half "meat- eaters"--a whole page for each-- with vegan, gluten free, and dairy free items clearly marked. Vegan and vegetarian items range from lighter salads and vegetable sides, which are usually plenty satisfying for me, to more substantial items like pizzas, noodle bowls, paninis and burgers. Everything I've had there has tasted excellent, and I love how healthy many of the options are (I need lots of veggies, or I'm not happy).
The best part is that all of the friends/family I've taken there love it too: vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike. Even my picky meat-loving cousin loves it there!

The only downside is that it's a little pricey, especially on a student budget.

Pros: Lots of options, delicious food, can go with picky eaters and omnivores
Cons: money

Dear Owner and Manager of Calafia Cafe: