Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe Zähringer offers organic cuisine. English spoken. Confirmed open July 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Non-veg
Zahringerplatz 11 (between Rudolf Brun Bridge and Predinger Church, 5 minute walk from main train station)
Zurich, Switzerland 8001
+41-044-2520500

Open Mon-Thur and Sun 8:00-24:00, Fri-Sat 8:00-00:30.

First Review by Stevie
KennyHurts
KennyHurts

Zähringer

3 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2011

An alternative Restaurant in the middle of the old city in Zurich. Very delicious meals also for vegans for a very good price.

Cons: l
Hanna Louise
Hanna Louise

Good but I wouldn't go out of my way to return

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2010

Good but not extraordinary food. Some vegan options. The server we first got was very nice but did not speak English, so we got a second server who seemed always in a bad mood and did not give a hint of a smile once, which was actually rather entertaining. They had one vegan cake when we went there, which was interesting but I'm not sure if it was good enough to get again.

Pros: pleasant atmosphere
Cons: not a ton of vegan options
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

not a bad place

3 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2009

they have daily vegan specials, we had a really rock'n hummus sandwich. Its inexpensive and I highly recommend it. Party ended with smokers lit up all around us, but on that side of town its the only game. You won't be disappointed.

Pros: hummus sandwich
Cons: smokers
pradipd
pradipd

Huge Portions!

3 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2009

Limited selection of vegetarian items, but the waiter (seemed more like the owner) was very helpful and understanding in coming up with suggestions. The portions are huge, and the quality is quite good. It is a typical NYC Village type artsy place with communal tables, though we managed to find a separate table. A good option in pricey Zurich.

Pros: Location, Value
Cons: Limited choices, Not fully veg
Qtea
Qtea

One of the most comfortable places in Zürich

3 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2009

Zahringer is more relaxed than the other places in downtown Zürich. Being run by an independent cooperative is also a plus. Rice and soy milk available for coffee, many vegan lunch options, but only one type of cake (which was dry).

Anyway, in Swiss context (=lots of milk, cream and cheese everywhere) Zahringer is still quite okay.

Pros: atmosphere, vegan lunch
Cons: cake options, smokers

Stevie
Stevie

Cafe Zahringer, Zurich

3 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2007

I'm only going to give this place 3 out 5 below. That's simply because it isn't 100% veggie. Otherwise it's fine. Centrally located, easy to get to. The staff speak English and were very helpful when I asked them what they could do for me as a vegan veggie (it turns out vegan veggie wok fries are indicated on the menu). I will always favour 100% veggie places but if I was with someone who insisted on eating non veggie then I'd happilly go to this place as a compromise venue. Good atmo, long opening hours.

Pros: Central, Long opening hours, Good atmo, nice staff
Cons: Not 100% veggie

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Zaehringer: