Serves meat, veg options available. Chain restaurant with several locations. Offers sandwiches, salads, wraps, and breakfast items including a vegan huevos rancheros. Signature dish is the Yumm Bowl with choice of organic brown rice or jasmine rice, and black or red beans, topped with sauce, mild red salsa, black olives, tomatoes, sliced avocado, cilantro, and dairy. Could ask to make your bowl vegan, and staff will substitute cheese and sour cream for extra avocado or cabbage and carrots. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MesaChelli
TJF
TJF

They have a vegan button on the cash register!

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2009

This place has many vegan options, and if you want to veganize a menu item, they even have a vegan button on the register to make sure it gets through to the cooks. They are great about subbing avocado for cheese and other such accommodations, with no extra charge. The Yumm sauces we sampled were tasty--the tempeh was sadly a little bland so I might opt for something else on the menu.

This is a local franchise that started in Eugene. I'm looking forward to more locations across Oregon.

Pros: reasonable prices, many vegan options, environmentally friendly
Cons: tempeh a little bland, would like bowl options without rice
little_bit
little_bit

Best veggie food in Corvallis

4 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

Cafe Yumm is the best! It's easy to take non-vegetarian people here because they can choose from meat options, but it is also very easy to get vegetarian and vegan choices as well. When a restaurant makes a point of listing what sauces are vegan on their menu I feel like I can trust them to really keep my food vegetarian and meat products away. The food is really unique, based on a standard bean and rice combo, but with a twist of a tahini based sauce thrown in.

I'm not sure why happy cow won't allow me to rate this as a 5, but if I could then I would.

Pros: Great food, Nice atmoshpere for a chain type palce, Lots of choices
MesaChelli
MesaChelli

Soul-satisfying fast food

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2008

We consult Happy Cow before we travel anywhere! We also tell every establishment we discover through this website how we learned of their existence. Passing through Corvallis for the first time, we elected to visit Cafe Yumm for a nosh. Good choice. One employee, sensing our newbie vibe, gave explanations and suggestions to guide us; I got the sense he enjoys the food himself. My Chilean Zucchini Yumm! Bowl was totally satisfying, with many organic ingredients, including OG brown rice and salsa. Lots of vegetarian options (they do love their local Tillamook cheddar); bowls, wraps, sandwiches, soups, salads--all read delicious. Meat and fish (and lots of dairy) are on the menu, but a person can still specify vegan choices and be very, very happy. The foundation of this restaurant's menu is beans and rice. The founder's philosophy is to promote soul satisfying and deeply nourishing food. A great idea.

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Yumm: