Cafe Virtuoso

Cozy vegetarian cafe serving breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and afternoon tea. Has fresh fruit and vegetable juices as well as smoothies and milkshakes with vegan options, and vegan ice cream in the summer. months. Offers meditation classes and talks. Child friendly, has wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, English, Juice bar, Take-out

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by VeganVera
vegan*vintage
vegan*vintage

Great veggie/vegan cafe in Bedford!!

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

A great café and so nice to see a dedicated vegetarian/vegan place in Bedford. Nice atmosphere, great food and drink and always a good choice. Very nice cakes and always plenty of choice for vegans too. Try the TLT (Tofu, Lettuce and Tomato) toasted sandwich - delicious!

Pros: Excellent food and choice , Friendly staff, Great prices
Icahlua
Icahlua

The best place in Bedford by far

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2014

I always come here when I meet up with my friend in Bedford. I was a bit unsure that they would be able to cater for me as I was gluten-free during my first visit but boy was I wrong.. not only did I have a choice of gluten-free bread, I had the choice of white or brown gluten free-bread! Vegans are very well catered for here, and they do some fantastic juices. I love this place :)

Pros: Great value for money, Best cafe/restaurant in Bedford, Friendly and helpful staff
Cons: Wished this cafe was in Milton Keynes :)
loobybunny
loobybunny

Lovely little place :)

4 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2013

A nice little find near Bedford town centre. The lady at the counter was very friendly although service was a little slow, I think perhaps we were the first customers of the day though so maybe the coffee machine wasn't fully heated up. There were a couple of vegan cakes on offer, I tried the chocolate cake which was lovely and moist. The only negative was that on their website I thought it said the scones were vegan but I was told when we got there that they actually contain milk :(
Definitely worth a visit though.

Pros: Vegan cakes, Extremely comfy armchairs , Very varied menu
Cons: No vegan scones
VeganVera
VeganVera

Definitely recommend

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

What a wonderful place. Bright interior, friendly staff, reasonable prices and a great range of food. 100% vegetarian with plenty of vegan options, including cakes, Tiffin, flapjacks, biscuits and scones. They also do takeaway. My omnivorous companions liked it a lot. As a vegan, I really appreciated the range of choice.

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Virtuoso: