CLOSED: Cafe Veg

Sit-down restaurant with a juice bar, located in Harlem. Affiliated with Uptown Juice Bar on 125th Street. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out
2291 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd (135th St, Harlem, Manhattan)
New York City, New York 10030
212-491-3223

Open Mon-Sun 8am-10pm.

First Review by cassius
dnmp
dnmp

My Harlem Must Stope

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2011

Love this place! The food is good and I like the juice bar because there are so many things that you can try.

The dessert is really good! I've had the carrot cake myself.

I have also taken carnivore friends here and they enjoy the food as well even the mock meat selections (so that's saying a lot).

Anytime I am in Harlem and near this area I try really really hard to stop by :)

Pros: good food, lots of juice options, friendly staff
Cons: small location but its NYC
coling
coling

Love it

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2011

Staying in harlem, we found this treasure, been three times and tthe staff will tell you if what you order is no good and recommend a. Substitute, the food has been each time, the drinks made on premises and no hint of the use of oldish fruits and the price is an absolute bargain

Pros: food, Price is low, Quiet
markc7
markc7

Good food, simple and casual ambience

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2009

Cafe Veg is the somewhat upscale version of the "Uptown Juice Bar" with which it is affiliated. Decent place to sit down an enjoy a meal. The menu is not quite as extensive as the Juice Bar, but the food is just as good. Great place to get fresh squeezed juice.

Pros: Good food, Service
    shanaadise

hope you know both establishments aren't vegan and say they are.... I got very sick... saw ingredients list.

JenniferF
JenniferF

so-so and maybe not even that

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2007

While it's an improvement over most fare above 125th Street, it doesn't compare well with most vegetarian places in the city. Some of the food was clearly processed and was either canned or frozen. And what did seem to be prepared in the kitchen wasn't very good. When I go out I expect the food to be at least as good as I what I could prepare myself. I asked about the dessert and was told they were vegan - I would bet my savings that the cake placed in front of me came was a Pepperidge Farm frozen cake (I've had a few of them in my time) If you want some simple vegetables you might be better off going to the soul food restaurants for some collards, cabbage or cornbread. The vegatarian refers more to the fact that they have some meat substitutes rather than a menu that shows a commitment to healthly and well-balanced meals with a vareity of vegetables, beans, etc. Sure sweet potatoes are veggie, but when you load them with sugar...A step in the right direction, but they need to go further.

Pros: nice helpful staff, good prices, pretty generous servings
Cons: not healthy cuisine
cassius
cassius

completely fabulous

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2007

this place is a true gem. Food is very tasty and very affordable. Each entree ($8-$9) comes with a choice of 3 sides. Service can be a bit slow at times, but everyone is friendly.

Pros: great price, pleasant interior, nice staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Cafe Veg: