Vegetarian and raw food cafe & restaurant, opened Sept 2012. The cafe is downstairs and the restaurant upstairs. Non-smoking, no alcohol. Casual and relaxed atmosphere with wi-fi and sometimes live music. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Raw, Western, Juice bar

AlexeyCherkasov
AlexeyCherkasov

Nice place, bad food

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2014

Been here two times, had few vegan dishes and deserts. Nice atmosphere to spend your time, but not to eat. The food could be much much better. Did not like anything I tasted.

• NikitaLao NikitaLao

Dear Alexey,
    I am writing you from "Ukrop" Cafe in St. Petersburg.
    We want to say thank you for your response about us and we are happy that you enjoyed the time.
    We hope that you finally will find something in our menu that you will like. Maybe try to ask our waiters to help you to make the right choice.
    And it will be so kind of you if you say exactly what we can change in our dishes to make them tastier :)

Best wishes,
    Cafe "Ukrop".

veganchocaddict
veganchocaddict

Lovely place

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

I ate here twice on a trip to St Petersburg. The decor is lovely, bright and modern, the service was good and the staff friendly. All of the food I ordered (vegan) was delicious, and some gave me ideas for things to try at home. I was very happy to find such a nice vegetarian place in a not so vegetarian town. Would go again!

Pros: tasty food, lots of vegan options
Cons: smallish portions, no chocolate dessert on menu
zroq12
zroq12

i like this place

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

when you are in russia , consider yourself lucky to find a vegan place like this.
it has a great atmosphere and cozy decoration, great menu , great staff , you could go here a few times a week and have a great vegan lunch or dinner. vegan soups are nice too here. i like this place, so far my favourite in this city ! good location in centre as well.
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 26, 2014

Updated from previous review on Saturday April 26, 2014

Pros: nice vegan menu options, nice decoration cosy decoration, good location in centre
Cons: make sure what is vegan or not.

lisasmirnova
lisasmirnova

There are much more interesting places to eat

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

I've been there once and was not impressed. The interior is ok, the food is weak, to ambitious. I'd better recommend you to visit Wood Bar, which is located not far from Ukrop and has some really tasty and inexpensive vegetarian options as well as really nice and cosy atmosphere. Google it.

stasleontyev
stasleontyev

Not tasty, well designed

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

As a local, I would not recommend you to waste time for this place. The portions are small and items I tried were not tasty.

Alexander Zhitmarev
Alexander Zhitmarev

Have a meal or grab something - 1 place for both)

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

Located in the center of a town close to 3 stations of Metro, it has become my favorite place to both – have a meal or grab something fast.

Tasty healthy food, light and comfortable interior, very friendly stuff, nice music, tables with coffee beans inside which you can touch and smell (there are different tables with different names, depend of what does it have inside – from coffee beans to sand from the beach) – everything is made with so much attention to the details. They even surve free water then you take a sit, it's difficulte to find it in any place in Saint-Petersburg. Free WiFi, what is also important. They also have parking, so I don't need to spend all my dinner time finding a place to park a car.

If you’ll be there try “Gribnie Bitochki” it’s a raw dish made of mushrooms – an amazing thing, must taste)))

Pros: Very tasty, Nice interior and music, Friendly stuff
Cons: Not a wide choice of legumes
NataliaIgumnova
NataliaIgumnova

Frendly lovely place Ukrop

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2013

Ohh yeahh!
If you come to Saint-petersburg dont miss this place. So lovely and frendly people, so great atmospher and food! ymmy ymmy vegitarian food! and of course dreams of vegan and raw people!
I spent a lot of time there and had all my meeting there and i know how is it. I travel a lot in my life and know how important find place with atmospher and tasty food and of course not expencive. This place is my choice and i hope you choice too!
see ya there! my freinds:))
and thank you lot too all personal in Ukrop!!!

Sasha K
Sasha K

I love this place

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2013

It's a really nice place! And i strongly recommend you to try! In my opinion it's a best place in city if your choice is healthy,vegetarian food.
The cafe has 2 floors! If you are in a hurry you can choose bistro on a first. You can be sure that food is tasty and fresh. The meny changes daily and has a different range of salads or hot dishes. I can reccomend сhickpea in tomato sauce and fantastic cherry pie!
On a second floor you will find cafe! Menu ala carte, more private atmosphere and courteous waiters (I an pretty sure that owners and staff created a very warm and cozy atmosphere) ! Menu changes every season! But I wanna make note, that they keep their best dishes in the menu! I love pasta with mushrooms, risotto and ravioli! If you prefer smth light you can find a lot of salads or smoothie! And I should say about desserts! You definitely should go there and try them all-it's delicious!! I even can't choose one)

Pros: Tasty food, Nice vibe, Desserts
  • NikitaLao NikitaLao

Thank you for a widely good review about our cafe!!

Ilya
Ilya
  • non-vegetarian

Very nice place!

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

I tried this restaurant in Feb 2013. Since then I always go there when up to Saint-Petersburg.
Nice relaxing atmosphere, tasty food and good service!!! Pasta with mushrooms and ravioli are awesome!!!!!!!! Did not think that vegetarian food can be that cool...

AlexanderGamayunov
AlexanderGamayunov

stunningly!!!!!the best саfe in Russia!

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

Best vegan and raw restaurant in St. Petersburg and Russia!
The cafe is located in the heart of a 4-minute walk from Nevsky street. an institution 2 floors.
on the 1st floor - a bistro, everything is very tasty and not expensive) salads (6-7 kinds each day), hot dishes (lasagna, potato gratin, chickpeas, vegetables), soups, desserts are divine! all very nice) can be at 5 euros a very satisfying meal. 80%-vegan dishes.
on the 2nd floor restaurant with author's cuisine a la carte.Here you can experience a gastronomic pleasure, in the truest sense of the word! dishes are very beautifully decorated, amazingly tasty) there are very many positions RAW-gpitstsa, cutlets, vegan balls, pasta, lots of cakes and pastries. There falafel, dumplings with cottage cheese and arugula, balls with green Peas and pistachios, roasted potatoes and a lot of the other) on the menu all the icons marked options-RAW, Vegetarian or vegan, which is very convenient! have a menu in English and friendly and caring staff! very beautiful design and lots of trees, greenery and light! To my surprise and happiness, there is no menu at all soy and soy meat, no seitan! lovely atmosphere and pleasant service!
This cafe is peace and love, and it seems that the entire staff is doing their job with love and gratitude!! I would say that it is not only the best саfe in Russia, but perhaps also in Europe!

ericgoldman
ericgoldman

A Must-Visit

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2013

This is two restaurants in one. The first floor is casual with ordering out of a deli case. Upstairs is a charming sit-down restaurant, tastefully decorated with modern and festive fixtures. They claimed to have an English language menu, but none were available on my visit. Instead, one of the servers spoke competent English and patiently explained each menu choice to me. There were numerous vegan options, and they are separately identified on the menu.

I ordered a “Mexican” barley soup, raspberry-cherry dumplings and apple strudel—ALL VEGAN. The Mexican soup was bland and uninspired. It was thin on the barley and had no Mexican-style spicing at all; I presume what made it “Mexican” was some parsley. The dumplings were amazing. The humble-looking and plain dumplings were filled with cherries and raspberries and then covered with a raspberry drizzle. Though the dumplings sound like a dessert, they were savory. The berry sourness with a little sweetness mixed with the plain dumplings worked incredibly well—the flavors were sophisticated, nuanced and unexpected. Recommended. The apple strudel was very good and I had a hard time believing that it was vegan (though the English-speaking server repeatedly confirmed that they were). Overall, the combination of the lovely décor and the successful vegan dishes made this restaurant a must-visit on any vegetarian tour of St. Petersburg.

ValeraDavydoff
ValeraDavydoff

Cool !

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2013

Best veg cafe in Russia.
Strongly recommended !

anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Delicious and healthy, stylish and relaxed space

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

The cafe downstairs is swish, with sleek decor and a trendy feel, but in a relaxed Scandinavian sort of way. You get your food at the counter and then choose a table, and can stay for hours. Prices are great value - I got a small soup, salad and main dish for 280 roubles. They have some traditional Russian dishes (including some delicious croquette things) as well as international-style dishes. 90 percent of the dishes are vegan, and there are plenty of raw salads as well. There are also gluten-free options. I went back a few times while I was in St Petersburg. I had many of their delicious salads - including seaweed, cabbage, cucumber and fresh herbs, beetroot, and creamy beans. They also have tofu dishes and hot dishes with chickpeas, buckwheat, black beans etc. Everything I had was delicious, fresh, creative and healthy. Serving sizes are modest, so you can sample a number of different dishes if you wish. The music selection was also great - kind of chilled out and moody.

The upstairs restaurant is more fine-dining, with gourmet raw (and cooked) creations. The menu is split roughly into one third raw vegan, one third cooked vegan and one third vegetarian - clearly marked. Prices are higher than downstairs. Expect to pay around 500 roubles for a starter and main. But it's worth it - the food is beautifully crafted. I had a raw borsht, and the raw green burgers, which were marvellous. They also have lots of spectacular raw vegan desserts. I had a raw pumpkin cake that I can honestly say was the best dessert I've had in my life! It was perfectly balanced, delicious yet healthy, and cruelty-free.

Both upstairs and downstairs, there's no English on the menu, but the friendly workers spoke English and were happy to help me choose what I wanted and point out what is vegan.

Pros: Mostly vegan, Delicious and healthy food, Stylish space, superb raw desserts

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Ukrop: