Cafe SOK

English menu is available. Vegan and raw food choices, and some vegetarian dishes can be made vegan. Free WiFi. Have also delivery service. Plenty of vegan and raw food choices in extensive menu. Has an outdoor veranda, 2 non-smoking rooms inside. Located opposite Tretyakov Gallery), 7 minute from metro Tretiyakovskaya. Address in Russian: Лаврушинский переулок 15, Undeground: lines 6 or 8 Tretyakov, stop, line 2 Novokuznetskaya stop. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Raw, Russian

RebekkaClaire
RebekkaClaire

Delicious Vegan Food in Moscow

5 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2014

Excellent selection of raw, vegan or vegetarian food. All at affordable prices. Free WiFi, easy to find & the staff are incredibly accommodating and some speak English too! I would definitely recommend!!

Pros: Healthy & large range of food., Clean, Affordable
panyvinito
panyvinito

Best Vegan Place in Moscow

4 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

I visited Moscow twice last year and was happy to find this place. Loved the vegan borstch! All the dishes I tried were good, not excellent but I was happy to find vegan food while in Russia.
I was happy they had fresh juices and an English menu, though I was lucky my husband is Russian.

Pros: vegan food in moscow, great location, fresh juices
Cons: service was slow, wait staff wasn't too friendly
Mikilighthouse
Mikilighthouse

Definitely worth a visit!!

3 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2013

Food is really tasty and special! All vegan options are coloured in green in the Russian menu. The English menu is not as clear as the Russian one.
Location is also very nice, just in front of Tretyakov Gallery. Service is quite nice and quick.
Definitely worth trying the Tofu Steak and Apple Juice (freshly squeezed, delicious!), as well as the Hummous plate wih Pita and the vegan Cheese Cake (tofu version).
I like the idea of the bill brought in a book-shaped wooden box :)

Pros: Nice location, Tasty food with many vegan options, Quick service
Cons: Expensive
Gudrun
Gudrun

Art, vegan pelmeni and other great stuff

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

A wonderful place, opposite to the famous Tretyakov Art Gallery with a great view on the museum's main entrance from the outdoor veranda. Nice artful decoration, original details everywhere (see also my pics of the menu), extras like free WiFi and a chair for very little children.

The service is superfriendly and the food just great. Lots of vegan and raw food choices (both color-coded in the menu, so easy to spot). I have been there only once, but I wish I could get back soon.

I had the all-vegan courses: Caesar salad, pelmeni and a cherry-cheesecake. Pelmeni are a Russian traditional dish, a bit similar to ravioli, which is usually not vegan. Here they were stuffed with spinach and came with a carrot sauce. Dill was used for seasoning which made it - along with the spinach and the carrots- quite an adventurous combination, but it worked!

Pros: great food, friendly service, inspiring location + atmosphere
Cons: too far away from where I live!
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Healthy, tasty, relaxed

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

A comfortable and relaxed restaurant, pleasantly decorated with fine art prints - Impressionists etc. They serve lots of salads and mains, with plenty of vegan and raw options. The workers speak English and there is an English menu. There are some daytime specials, but it can be a bit pricey if you just order from the menu. I had a greens and pine nuts salad, a fresh juice and some raw 'bread' and paid 650 roubles. But the portions were decent, the food was good, and it was restaurant-service (not counter-service) so it was worth it. They also include the weights of the dishes on the menu, so you know what you're getting. Overall, an enjoyable experience.

Pros: Healthy, Tasty, Relaxed

Zmeika
Zmeika

Good experience

4 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2011

It took a while to find a good vegan stop in Moscow. The location is very convenient, not far from metro, just make sure, you take a right small street. It seems they have been opened not for a long time, but it is great to find non-indian vegetarian cafe with good ambiance!

There are enough items for vegans in menu, there are even items for raw foodists! However I would like to find more international dishes, may be asian, not Russian mixed with some international. They are trying to attract non-vegetarian guests that is why the menu for me itself was strange. Like for seitan I prefer it to be served as a big slice, not in the dishes where I can recognize it difficultly (dumplings).

Service staff was very friendly and fast. I found prices moderate. My order which included fresh juice of 3 fruits, Ceasar salad and Dumplings as a main dish took around 19 euros. They have special menu for lunch time which is less expensive.

They also make cakes for special occasions, so you can order them in advance! I would like to try the desserts next time )))

Pros: Location, Vegan menu, Ambiance
Cons: Price

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe SOK: