CLOSED: Cafe Seed

Vegan restaurant serving lunch and weekend brunch. Uses local and sustainable ingredients as well as feature local artists, crafts, and music. Has vegan marshmallow and vegan whipped cream. Casual space inside with sofas and tables. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Juice bar
2932 Cherry St
Kansas City, Missouri 64109
816-561-7333‎

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by sugartalker
jackie2
jackie2

Good Food, Limited Options, Great Speaker Series

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2011

I recently made my first trip to Cafe Seed and had my expectations revamped. It is a small little cafe tucked in a string of shops that look to be multiple degrees of abandoned. Nevertheless, the four of us who went received great-tasting food. (Only one didn't like her meal-she ordered the pancakes). The portions are small on some dishes, but I didn't seem to miss it. The brunch menu is limited but does include yummy fresh juices! Make sure you specify if you want it before your meal though- mine came out with my food which was not my original intention. The meal was relaxed and you will have to wait for your food. If you're lucky, one of the owners will come chat with you.

The real reason this place is a gem is the owners' aim to be a service to the community. They offer a speaker series of inspiring individuals in their back courtyard which is very nice. I went to one recently and definitely intend to make it to the next one. I believe you must be on the email list to get information unless you prefer calling or walking in.

Pros: vegan, fresh juice, friendly
Cons: neighborhood, wait
VgnCupcake
VgnCupcake

Great , Fresh, Healthy and Vegan

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2011

I went to Cafe Seed for lunch on a work day after reading a bad review on UrbanSpoon. I review could not have been further off. I service was great and the food was delish. Everyone I went with loved what they got. The salad of the day that day was spring greens with cranberry and granola with a onion poppy seed vinaigrette. I was def blown away. The vegan BLT is AMAZING!!!!!!

Pros: Tasty, Fresh, Convenient
Cons: Not a ton of seating

sugartalker
sugartalker

Want to love it more

3 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2010

Been to Cafe Seed a couple few times and each time is a different experience ranging from good to bad. In general the food is great although a few things seem a little overpriced. The service is hit or miss but expect a wait no matter what, went for a late lunch and still took over an hour to get our food. The staff is either friendly or avoids you at all costs but that can happen pretty much anywhere. If you have time to sit back and relax its a good place to go, but not recommended for someone trying to get in and out or on their work lunch break.

Pros: Food, It's Vegan
Cons: Service, Consistency

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Cafe Seed: