CLOSED: Cafe Rivva

Organic frozen yogurt and smoothies bar also serving veggie lunch wraps, sandwiches, veggie burgers, and salads (11am-3pm). Vegan ice cream is also available. Causal and relaxed location on the 3rd floor of a white open-air shopping plaza in Brentwood. Parking in lot underground or on the street. MARCH 2013 Reported closed/shut to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Juice bar, American, Take-out

First Review by bgaisford
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Been going for the Chicago Soy Dairy Softserve

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

I feel like this place might close down at any minute. I wish they had a more popular selection of vegan food/salads. Its located on the top floor of a valet parking only building, which makes it impractical to visit. We often walk over after shopping at Whole Foods.

Pros: soft serve
Cons: location
Chia
Chia

Tasty, healthy salads

5 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Cafe Rivva review.

It's an organic frozen yogurt place that had opened in the summer of 2010. The location is a bit unusual, it's on the 3rd floor of a shopping plaza on San Vicente Blvd. You have to know to look for it if you didn't know about it already - I guess that's their one disadvantage. Otherwise, everything was fine.

The salads are made in the morning and presented behind a glass case, you choose what you'd like, and everything is vegetarian, with vegan salads labeled as so. There's a good range of vegan ones. I got to try a sampler of the vegan salads with my friend, and I enjoyed all of them.

Next to the salad bar is the smoothies and frozen yogurt bar. I didn't try the vegan ice cream flavors (by Purely Decadent brand), but I did get to share the raw cacao chocolate smoothie and the kale banana smoothie. Both were good, though the kale banana was sweeter and we liked that!

We sat outside on their comfy padded chairs and enjoyed the sunshine and the open air.

Pros: friendly owner, yummy kale smoothie
Cons: 3rd floor location
alexis a.
alexis a.

great spot in brentwood

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2010

We learned of cafe rivva on happy cow and decided to check it out this afternoon. They now have daily specials that vary each day - today they offered a couscous salad and a sundried tomato pasta with veggie sausage. Both were served cold salad-style and tasted delicious. We added smoothies - both were great. Our total was $31 so our only worry is that cafe rivva won't be successful because of pricing, but they're in Brentwood so perhaps they'll do great - we hope so! Next time we'll try the vegan soft serve with toppings...

Pros: tasty, healthy, friendly staff
Cons: a lil pricey but maybe ok for the 'hood...

bgaisford
bgaisford
  • non-vegetarian

Great Smoothies and FroYo

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2010

I saw their signs a few days ago and decided to stop in. I tried one of their organic smoothies (the Kale smoothies is tip top, best banana flavored smoothie I've ever had, not cloyingly sweet as usually happens,) and got a frozen yogurt sample as well. Theirs is the only organic frozen yogurt I've ever come across, and you can definitely taste the difference. Friendly service, stellar food, and a great patio.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Cafe Rivva: