Serves meat, veg options available. A combination of a coffeehouse, restaurant, and bar located in downtown Frederick. The atmosphere is casual, and the walls feature regularly updated art collections. The menu includes organic and local ingredients with vegetarian options. Try the orange crush made with the orange infused rum, fresh orange juice, and fizzy water. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
4 E Patrick St
Frederick, Maryland 21701
301-694-6652

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by NIBsmf
MissJenny
MissJenny

Good food in a great location.

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2013

Cafe Nola doesn't offer a ton of vegan options, but their vegetarian offerings are plentiful and it's a cute place to grab a bite when you're hanging out downtown. I agree with NIBsmf, the black bean burger wasn't quite seasoned to my liking. It had a very strong cumin taste, which I don't really care for. If you are a fan of cumin, you might really enjoy it. I'm fairly limited to what I can try at Nola, but their tofu scramble is tasty and the last time I was there I had a pumpkin spice latte (with your choice of soy or almond milk) that was delightful. It was probably the best pumpkin spice latte I've ever had. I'm not sure they have the stir-fry anymore, the last time I looked at their menu I didn't see it. Nola tends to be fairly busy at almost any given time, so service can be a little slow as a result and you may need to wait for a table to open up. My overall experience at Nola has been good, I would recommend it to friends.

Pros: lots of veg options, great location
Cons: few vegan options
NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Cute atmosphere and yummy veg*n options

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2012

Food: 8. There are a lot of vegetarian options, and there are a handful of vegan options (off the top of my head I remember a stir fry, a curry, a hummus plate, and a black bean burger). I ended up with the black bean burger with sweet potato fries. I really liked it! It was a little bit spicy/zesty, but not overwhelmingly so. My only complaint is that it was a bit mushy. I like that the restaurant has non-dairy milk options and vegan desserts.

Prices: 8. Average prices, like somewhere around $8-10 for the black bean burger and fries.

Atmosphere: 8. Cute and cozy. Feels like a coffee house more than a restaurant. I've been in there when there is live music. It's a lively kind of place.

Service: 8. It was pretty busy when I was there for dinner, so the service was a tad bit slow. The waitress was very nice, though.

Pros: good veg*n options, reasonable prices, cozy atmosphere
Cons: could have even more veg*n options

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Nola: