Little vegetarian cafe and coffee shop. Offers daily salads plus sandwiches, cakes, organic beer selection. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Danish

Agne Zo
Agne Zo

My Favourite!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2015

This place is one of my favorites. I live in Copenhagen and have many opportunities to explore veggie food, but I usually end up here. Why? The food they serve is (mostly vegan) delicious, satisfying and colorful (!). Not to mention, they have cozy interior. Make sure you ask for vegan options, since they use egg and cheese in some of their dishes.

Pros: moderate price, majestic plates, delicous, cozy.
Cons: tiny place, some food is quite greasy.
Rabarber
Rabarber

Very cozy, very tasty!

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2015

We crossed Cafe N by accident, because we first thought it only served breakfast and lunch, but it also appared to have very good dinners! It is a very cozy place, quite small, but with al lovely terrace. The service was friendly and quick. We ordered all different kind of plates and shared a lot. Everything was tasty, especially the root fries and the desserts (chocolate mousse and bananacake). They use fresh ingredients and you can really taste that. Some things were a little bit to salty, like the fried tempeh. But over all I would really recommend this place!

Pros: Inexpensive, Good service, Tasty food!
Cons: Nothing
Borcher
Borcher

On the Block

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2015

A real Bronx-Hipster place in the city.
Really lovely in the summertime with the outdoor seatings where you can feel the good Nørrebronx vibes around you.
Ive been there quite a few times and the staff are always very friendly.
I find the food a little bit greasy, so if you are in for a clean healthy kick, this is not the place to go.
But if you are looking for a place where you will get good value and a big plate, this is definitely the place to go.
I also wish that the "fresh" juice infact was freshmade on the spot. But it seems that they are making them in the morning and put it on a can for the day.
As a vegan it is also a lttle thumbs down that I now twice, have tried to order something vegan, fx a brunch, but still get it with something non-vegan on my plate, for instance some cow-based tzatziki

But all-in-all this is a nice place with vegan options!

jadsonrocha
jadsonrocha

Delicious and quite filling

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2015

I had brunch there once. It was a big plate with salad, hommus, bread and fruits. I liked it so much that I had to come back for dinner.

Pros: very friendly staff, super tasty
VegHeadNYC
VegHeadNYC

Happening Veg Cafe

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2015

This veg cafe is located on a happening cobblestone street in Copenhagen. We sat outdoors and got treated to outdoor musicians who were playing across the street outside a music store - the guitarist/singer was among the best musician we have ever heard anywhere (and we travel a lot). The veggie platters of tofu and hummus and veggie burger served with fruit sides were so delicious and the service was unbelievably fast. Highly recommend this cafe.

Pros: Outdoor Seating, Delicious Food, Quick and Attentive Service
Magnus
Magnus

Cozy and friendly cafe

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2015

Cafe N is a small, but very cozy cafe. Their menu options include a vegan brunch plate, a Cafe N plate, a burger and a sandwiches. All their vegan options are marked with a "v"-symbol on their menu. The food is pretty good and the staff very friendly. It is recommended for a visit.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly staff, Cozy atmosphere
Linnland
Linnland

great!

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2015

Amazing food, lovely place and friendly staff!

StephenEamonn
StephenEamonn

Worth the trip!

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2015

It was a bit difficult for me to find this place, but once I did it was so worth it! A huge veggie brunch served by friendly staff in a cafe full of warmth and good vibes.
They also make delicious coffee.
I didn't want to leave but it is a small place and my table was in high demand.

Pros: Delicious, filling food, Friendly staff and customers, Reasonable prices
Cons: Hard to locate
Marga Delila
Marga Delila

Excellent

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2014

Really enjoyed the Vegan brunch, it changes every day so you get different dips and fruit. Has sandwiches and platters, really nice staff. Fast service. Seating indoors and outdoors. Varied food. Highly recommendable.

Pros: Quality, Price, Staff
Ajolote
Ajolote

Good and affordable

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

If you want to try all the salads of the day, they have a platter with all of them plus lots of veggies; Pretty substantial and it will surely fill your belly- tasty and healthy too. The tofu sandwich is simple and filling. Everything vegan is clearly marked on the menu and the waiters can answer your vegan questions with a smile.

Good stuff!

Pros: big portions, affirdable, nice people
Cons: small indoors
Littlething
Littlething

Cozy cafe with a few tasty vegan options

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

Nice cozy cafe with some vegan options. I tried the Vegan Brunch plate as well as the Vegan Sandwich, both of which were very tasty and fulfilling. They did also have some vegan cakes and desserts but I didn't try any of them.

The English was okay, I was there twice and the first time I had a bit of a hard time to get understood but the second time it was no problem. The service was quite fast even though there was a lot of people there and not that much staff.

It has outdoor seating as well as indoor seating. The prices are quite low. It's located on a very nice street in Copenhagen only a couple minutes away from Copenhagen center. All in all it's a very nice cafe and if I ever visit Copenhagen again I will definitely return!

Pros: Good food, cozy, friendly staff
Cons: Not a great variety of food for vegans
vegankiwis
vegankiwis

Cool cafe, good location

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

All vegetarian menu was great. There were a few vegan options which were helpfully marked as "vegansk". The servers were friendly and helped us out in English too.
We ordered the vegan brunch and mixed plate - both were fresh, tasty and delicious.
Cute outdoor and indoor seating; we'll definitely be back!

Pros: Vegan food items clearly labelled, Clean, cute environment, Relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Reggae music overkill, Could do with a couple more vegan items
dumsterdave
dumsterdave

nice cozy option

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2013

very tasty food at a good price. ive only been there a few times and had the set menu each of those times, but i was very satified with the food although portions were rather small. Food comes our very quick. Nice atmosphere inside, but a bit cramped. The tables outside are nice and they provide blankets in case its a bit chilly. I know its denmark and everyone smokes, but it would be nice if you could enjoy your meal without 10 people chainsmoking around you. Overall though I would recommend this cafe and will definately go back.

Pros: cheap, quick
Cons: cramped, small portions
jcberger
jcberger

Great veggie food

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

Really good, fresh food and a nice atmosphere. Was pretty packed but we got a table soon enough (they do take reservations so it's a good idea to make one if you can). We enjoyed the fried roots (like french fries but also made of beets) and the veggie balls as well as the specials. Located in a lovely area of Copenhagen on a very cool street. My only complaint is that I asked for hummus instead tzakiki (it's not vegan) and ended up with a huge glob tzakiki and hardly any hummus. They're a little understaffed and the staff is extremely busy so be sure they take note of any substitutions!

Pros: great food, all vegetarian, nice atmosphere
laurute
laurute

Not so good for vegans

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

We went there for coffee and cakes on a saturday afternoon and they had no soymilk, only a piece of vegan cake (not that inviting) and some chocolate little balls. We just went away...

Pros: cosy
Cons: not much vegan friendly
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

affordable vegan burger

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

We had set meal of a fresh juice, burger, root vegetable fries. It was tasty and affordable. Indoor and outdoor seating.

CheeseCake
CheeseCake

Nice place and good food

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2012

I like this place because is cozy. I noticed that every day the flowers which adorn the tables are changed, so every day has a different type of flower.
Here, the first time, I took only a chai tea with soy milk. It was very good.
The second time I took a menu which included: a sandwich with a soy hamburger, vegetables, mustard and sunflower seeds; a portion of chips and an orange juice. Everything was very good. This menu costs around 75 kr (13 $, 11 euros).
Anyway the place has a soup of the day (on friday it costs 25 kr) and the menus vary from weeks to weeks.
So in general is a good place to take a brunch break or a coffee break. It's situated in the Norrebro area, so in the center of Cph.

Pros: Food quality, The place, Nice stuff
Cons: The entry door has difficulty to close
OandG
OandG

Very good, friendly and affordable

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2011

this was our best stop in copenhagen for vegetarian food, the staff is very friendly, food is good, drink and dessert as well,
we really recommend this place !!!

Pros: Very good, Good value, friendly staff
aisawesome
aisawesome

yummy food but not super vegan friendly

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2010

Since I don't know any Dutch, I asked the woman working what was vegan, she named a couple of things and I wound up getting the Cafe N plate with chai tea. The chai was amazing! sweet but very tasty. The plate came with a really good veggie burger (actually it was amazing, especially considering I'm usually not into veggie burgers), a few pieces of bread, hummus, salad, watermelon and some other fruit, potatoes, some sort of grain and then there were a few pieces of cheese.. I guess they think cheese is vegan? I didn't say anything, I just didn't eat it..but just be careful with what they give you before you eat it. The food was very tasty & filling and the place is cute. I'd go back.

Pros: really good food, cute space
Cons: small /might have to wait for a table, not a ton of vegan options
  • ampallang ampallang

people in denmark speak danish not dutch and also they dont have vegan cheese, sometimes they mess up orders so just double check your food before eating.

ampallang
ampallang

some points for trying

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2010

Living in Denmark for nearly 2 years and I was very hopeful that Cafe N was somethign special since this is what I have heard.
I went for Dinner around 6:30pm, many people eating but we did find a seat. Nothing is in english (though i do read and speak danish)
You just need to ask if something can be made vegan, both my boyfriend and I had the burger menu for 69kr each with a burger (this is a burger you can find frozen in the supermarket) with lots of mustard and salad in the bun, nothing so tasty about the burger but nothing bad. Baked potatoes with vegan butter- I love baked potatoes so its always a plus. Also with a slice of watermelon which wasnt so ripe. You also get a juice included. A burger by itself is 42kr. Teh menu is quite small, mostly bread with hummus, omlette, a vegetarian plate, vegan pizza and vegetarian only sandwiches. Wine and beer are all organic, and a range of organic juices and for some reason coca cola.
I havent found anything better in copenhagen, it is about the same as Morgenstedet though they have more variety then Cafe N.
Its a quick eat, i would go again but usually the local soup kitchens are cheaper and more exciting

Pros: vegan options, some organic drinks
Cons: Food is nothing special
Edz
Edz

Local spot

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2010

Full of locals. Not too expensive (for Copenhagen). A range of dishes but mostly of the lunchtime variety. Very small indoor seating area with benches outside.

No English menu but the staff was very helpful and spoke fluent English. They don't have a till so remember the name of what you ordered.

Charlotte
Charlotte

Local veggie spirit

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2010

Quite small but very cosy veggieplace with good karma atmosphere. A popular local spot in the very heart of the area called Nørrebro. Often all seats are taken but don`t miss it. Great freshmade juices, veggieburger, brunch and some other simple dishes. Simply tell them that you want it vegan (if you want that), otherwise some cheese may appear on top of your houmus :) VERY friendly and smiling staff!

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe N: