Vegetarian cafe and coffee shop. Organic beer selection. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Danish, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine

First Review by Charlotte
Marga Delila
Marga Delila

Excellent

5 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2014

Really enjoyed the Vegan brunch, it changes every day so you get different dips and fruit. Has sandwiches and platters, really nice staff. Fast service. Seating indoors and outdoors. Varied food. Highly recommendable.

Pros: Quality, Price, Staff
Ajolote
Ajolote

Good and affordable

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

If you want to try all the salads of the day, they have a platter with all of them plus lots of veggies; Pretty substantial and it will surely fill your belly- tasty and healthy too. The tofu sandwich is simple and filling. Everything vegan is clearly marked on the menu and the waiters can answer your vegan questions with a smile.

Good stuff!

Pros: big portions, affirdable, nice people
Cons: small indoors
Littlething
Littlething

Cozy cafe with a few tasty vegan options

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

Nice cozy cafe with some vegan options. I tried the Vegan Brunch plate as well as the Vegan Sandwich, both of which were very tasty and fulfilling. They did also have some vegan cakes and desserts but I didn't try any of them.

The English was okay, I was there twice and the first time I had a bit of a hard time to get understood but the second time it was no problem. The service was quite fast even though there was a lot of people there and not that much staff.

It has outdoor seating as well as indoor seating. The prices are quite low. It's located on a very nice street in Copenhagen only a couple minutes away from Copenhagen center. All in all it's a very nice cafe and if I ever visit Copenhagen again I will definitely return!

Pros: Good food, cozy, friendly staff
Cons: Not a great variety of food for vegans

vegankiwis
vegankiwis

Cool cafe, good location

4 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

All vegetarian menu was great. There were a few vegan options which were helpfully marked as "vegansk". The servers were friendly and helped us out in English too.
We ordered the vegan brunch and mixed plate - both were fresh, tasty and delicious.
Cute outdoor and indoor seating; we'll definitely be back!

Pros: Vegan food items clearly labelled, Clean, cute environment, Relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Reggae music overkill, Could do with a couple more vegan items
dumsterdave
dumsterdave

nice cozy option

4 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2013

very tasty food at a good price. ive only been there a few times and had the set menu each of those times, but i was very satified with the food although portions were rather small. Food comes our very quick. Nice atmosphere inside, but a bit cramped. The tables outside are nice and they provide blankets in case its a bit chilly. I know its denmark and everyone smokes, but it would be nice if you could enjoy your meal without 10 people chainsmoking around you. Overall though I would recommend this cafe and will definately go back.

Pros: cheap, quick
Cons: cramped, small portions
jcberger
jcberger

Great veggie food

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

Really good, fresh food and a nice atmosphere. Was pretty packed but we got a table soon enough (they do take reservations so it's a good idea to make one if you can). We enjoyed the fried roots (like french fries but also made of beets) and the veggie balls as well as the specials. Located in a lovely area of Copenhagen on a very cool street. My only complaint is that I asked for hummus instead tzakiki (it's not vegan) and ended up with a huge glob tzakiki and hardly any hummus. They're a little understaffed and the staff is extremely busy so be sure they take note of any substitutions!

Pros: great food, all vegetarian, nice atmosphere
laurute
laurute

Not so good for vegans

2 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

We went there for coffee and cakes on a saturday afternoon and they had no soymilk, only a piece of vegan cake (not that inviting) and some chocolate little balls. We just went away...

Pros: cosy
Cons: not much vegan friendly
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

affordable vegan burger

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

We had set meal of a fresh juice, burger, root vegetable fries. It was tasty and affordable. Indoor and outdoor seating.

CheeseCake
CheeseCake

Nice place and good food

3 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2012

I like this place because is cozy. I noticed that every day the flowers which adorn the tables are changed, so every day has a different type of flower.
Here, the first time, I took only a chai tea with soy milk. It was very good.
The second time I took a menu which included: a sandwich with a soy hamburger, vegetables, mustard and sunflower seeds; a portion of chips and an orange juice. Everything was very good. This menu costs around 75 kr (13 $, 11 euros).
Anyway the place has a soup of the day (on friday it costs 25 kr) and the menus vary from weeks to weeks.
So in general is a good place to take a brunch break or a coffee break. It's situated in the Norrebro area, so in the center of Cph.

Pros: Food quality, The place, Nice stuff
Cons: The entry door has difficulty to close
OandG
OandG

Very good, friendly and affordable

5 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2011

this was our best stop in copenhagen for vegetarian food, the staff is very friendly, food is good, drink and dessert as well,
we really recommend this place !!!

Pros: Very good, Good value, friendly staff
aisawesome
aisawesome

yummy food but not super vegan friendly

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2010

Since I don't know any Dutch, I asked the woman working what was vegan, she named a couple of things and I wound up getting the Cafe N plate with chai tea. The chai was amazing! sweet but very tasty. The plate came with a really good veggie burger (actually it was amazing, especially considering I'm usually not into veggie burgers), a few pieces of bread, hummus, salad, watermelon and some other fruit, potatoes, some sort of grain and then there were a few pieces of cheese.. I guess they think cheese is vegan? I didn't say anything, I just didn't eat it..but just be careful with what they give you before you eat it. The food was very tasty & filling and the place is cute. I'd go back.

Pros: really good food, cute space
Cons: small /might have to wait for a table, not a ton of vegan options
  • ampallang ampallang

people in denmark speak danish not dutch and also they dont have vegan cheese, sometimes they mess up orders so just double check your food before eating.

ampallang
ampallang

some points for trying

3 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2010

Living in Denmark for nearly 2 years and I was very hopeful that Cafe N was somethign special since this is what I have heard.
I went for Dinner around 6:30pm, many people eating but we did find a seat. Nothing is in english (though i do read and speak danish)
You just need to ask if something can be made vegan, both my boyfriend and I had the burger menu for 69kr each with a burger (this is a burger you can find frozen in the supermarket) with lots of mustard and salad in the bun, nothing so tasty about the burger but nothing bad. Baked potatoes with vegan butter- I love baked potatoes so its always a plus. Also with a slice of watermelon which wasnt so ripe. You also get a juice included. A burger by itself is 42kr. Teh menu is quite small, mostly bread with hummus, omlette, a vegetarian plate, vegan pizza and vegetarian only sandwiches. Wine and beer are all organic, and a range of organic juices and for some reason coca cola.
I havent found anything better in copenhagen, it is about the same as Morgenstedet though they have more variety then Cafe N.
Its a quick eat, i would go again but usually the local soup kitchens are cheaper and more exciting

Pros: vegan options, some organic drinks
Cons: Food is nothing special
Edz
Edz

Local spot

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2010

Full of locals. Not too expensive (for Copenhagen). A range of dishes but mostly of the lunchtime variety. Very small indoor seating area with benches outside.

No English menu but the staff was very helpful and spoke fluent English. They don't have a till so remember the name of what you ordered.

Charlotte
Charlotte

Local veggie spirit

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2010

Quite small but very cosy veggieplace with good karma atmosphere. A popular local spot in the very heart of the area called Nørrebro. Often all seats are taken but don`t miss it. Great freshmade juices, veggieburger, brunch and some other simple dishes. Simply tell them that you want it vegan (if you want that), otherwise some cheese may appear on top of your houmus :) VERY friendly and smiling staff!

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe N: