Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe Metropole's menu features freshly prepared salads, sandwiches, daily soup specials along with fresh fruit smoothies - all served in eco-friendly tableware. Try the hummus, eggplant and black bean soup, or a sandwich stuffed with falafel, creamy tahini, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions on Greek flatbread. Everything is made to order. Relocated from 205 Crescent Ave in 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Mediterranean, American, Catering, Take-out, Non-veg
112 Metropole Ave (Catalina Island)
Avalon, California 90704

Austenthebilbo
Austenthebilbo

Unexpected Pleasure

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2014

I'm here in Catalina for just the day and didn't prepare any food. I hopped on here and saw that this place has felafel's and I was like ohhhh yeah. I soon as I ordered, the cashier notice I was only getting vegan options and stopped me to ask if I was a vegan because the white flat bread has whey in it. I knew I was in the right place. It was a great felafel! (BEWARE PICTURED FELAFEL ABOVE IS WITH THE WHITE FLAT BREAD AND THEREFORE NOT VEGAN!)

The Veggie Cook
The Veggie Cook

Good Option on Catalina

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2012

Saw this place listed on HappyCow when I was planning my trip to Catalina a few weeks back. Ate here and enjoyed it. Our server was very accommodating to veggie inquiries & requests.

Both the roasted vegetable plate and the falafels were delicious, and the lemonade was good, too.

A good place to get veggie food when in Avalon / Catalina.

THEMOVIERAD
THEMOVIERAD

Vegan Mecca for Catalina

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2011

I'm a vegan from the South Bay who came over to Avalon for the Memorial Day Weekend. After a day and a half of bean and rice burritos from a near by Mexican restaurant I stumbled across the Metropole Cafe. Wow was I glad! The owner is very nice and offers some great vegan options such as the soy chorizo breakfast burrito with avocados and soy cheese. That was a tasty, hearty meal. The Metropole also offers a vegan pizza with assorted veggies and soy cheese that is phenomenal. I also highly recommend their homemade lemonade. I hope The Metropole continues to offer vegan dishes as they will be my first stop everytime I come to Catalina. I'd like to give the Metropole Cafe 5 cows but happycow.com won't let me because they serve meat. A+

Pros: great staff, great food, fairly priced
Cons: not open for dinner

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Metropole:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Avalon page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/04/17