CLOSED: Cafe Memento

Modern Australia cuisine with European influence. All food is cooked on the premises. Quiet location with ample parking and courtyard. Cafe Memento is proudly powered by 100% renewable energy (wind power). Cakes and coffee served all day until 6pm. Converted to all vegetarian, including several vegan options since June 2011. SHUT DOWN OCT 2013 PER OWNER. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Australian, European, Juice bar, BYO
Govetts Leap Road (corner of Wentworth Street)
Blackheath, New South Wales 2785

Open Thur, Sun 10am-4pm, Fri-Sat 10am-8.30pm.

• Cash only

First Review by tsathoggua101
Drea
Drea

Delish!

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

We stumbled across Memento quite by accident, eager to get away from the hoards at Leura and Katoomba. We were a cold, wet ravenous group of 6 ready to refuel for an afternoon's bushwalking at Govetts Leap. The food was excellent, my lentil stack deliciously yum, the Russian Caramel cake to die for and the coffee great, unlike the muddy water that passed for coffee at the appalling La Maison boutique hotel Katoomba. Loved the ambience of Memento, the artwork on the walls...it was cosy and the staff friendly with fast, efficient service. And I thought the prices really reasonable given the lovely, fresh organic produce. And I also liked their environmental ethics, the place runs on wind power. So many plusses for me that I'll be hightailing it back here on my next visit to the Blue Mts.

Pros: Delish vego food, Funky surrounds, Fast, friendly service
Cons: In the Blue Mts
BarryJacobs
BarryJacobs

• non-vegetarian

A great find!

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

We stumbled across this cafe at random during a weekend in the Blue Mountains and liked the food so much, we rated it the best of our entire trip!
As we walked in at lunchtime, the people coming out recommended the Lentil Stack and we followed their advice. It was stunning, as was the Blackheath Salad and the Tofu Salad.
We don't usually have dessert at lunch but the dessert menu was so appealing, we relented. I glad we did - the cakes were amazing.
We'll definitely return - this place is worth the trip!

Pros: great food, quality ingredients, good value
Cons: too far away to visit every week
aglindstrom
aglindstrom

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2012

It was so good to find a vegan-friendly place in the Blue Mountains, which is desert when it comes to vegetarianism. The food was excellent and I like the manifesto on the back of the menus.

tsathoggua101
tsathoggua101

Awesome

5 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2012

When I first went there it was omnivorous. The veggie food was great. I mentioned to them that they seemed to be doing everything else with a low eco footprint, but still served meat. Next time I went there, all veggo. Nice. Lovely atmosphere, too.

Cons: Tiny place

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Cafe Memento: