Cafe Manna

Vegetarian restaurant offering a varied menu including gluten-free options. Sandwiches, full meals, vegan chocolate cake, and more. The café was built from eco-friendly building materials and offers eco-friendly carry-out containers. Uses organic, local, and sustainable farm produce. Additionally, they use a reverse osmosis water purification system. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, American, International, Wine, Take-out
3815 N Brookfield Rd
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045
262-790-2340

Open Mon-Sat 11am-9pm, closed Sun.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by tdawg
bignameactress
bignameactress

Man, Manna's delicious

5 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2011

-Extremely nice, very thorough, and well-informed waitress.
-Liked being able to sample the Limonade. Was delicious.
-My partner and I shared the Tu-No Melt and the Veggie Stack (special).
-The Veggie Stack was very good, but I would try other things next time. Was similar to a potato pancake. I liked the vegetables between the main layers more than the layers themselves.
-The Tu-No melt, however, was simply to-die-for. I have missed eating Tuna, and this was a fantastic alternative. The tempeh was not as I anticipated. (I thought it would be a kind of patty, like when you buy tempeh in the store.) It was instead an excellent mixture,. more like separate seeds/beans type texture mixed in with everything else. The celery was not too strong, and neither was the dill. The bread was perfectly crunchy.
-The Tu-No melt was accompanied by a fruit salad, which was arguably the best fruit salad I've ever had. (Tons of fresh crushed raspberry over apples and blueberries.)
-It was a bit more pricy than we expected, but well worth it.
-Admittedly a strange thing to mention in a review, but was maybe one of the nicest bathrooms ever encountered in a restaurant. The women's restroom had all kids of toiletries including scope, feminine products, etc. It just goes to show how this restaurant has made a conscious effort to do many things right and not cut corners.

Pros: Excellent, high quality food, Excellent waitress, Excellent experience overall
Cons: A bit too expensive (but still worth it)
Vegies Rule
Vegies Rule

Absolutely great restaurant!

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2011

This is a GREAT restaurant! This is the second time I have eaten here and I'm so glad I returned. I can now say it is consistently wonderful! During this visit we ordered the Pepita Guacamole Potato Skins and Tu-No Melt. Both dishes were of a very high quality and full of flavor. (They also make a great cup of coffee!) This restaurant is definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Wonderful food, Great service, Clean, asthetically pleasing decor
Cons: Little pricey, Location is inconvenient
LizOmen
LizOmen

• raw

Make reservations

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2011

We went on a Saturday night and they said we needed reservations. So they had an 8pm opening and we came back in two hours. The place was lovely... food was well presented and very good. Had some original food dishes. They pride themselves on thier green building. The bathroom was nice with complimentary toiletries, Yet they have products that do animal testing and are not organic. I hope that they change that cause otherwise it was just perfect.

Pros: great atmosphere, fancy food, gluten free and raw options
vegannature
vegannature

Extreme Disappointment

2 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2010

We had wanted to eat at Cafe Manna for quite some time and finally got the chance, only to leave very disappointed. The food was very bland or oddly spiced. If you're a foodie yuppie who likes to be overcharged on not-so-good food, then this is the place for you. The atmosphere was very stuffy. I was so excited about this restaurant because of them being eco-friendly. I wish I could write a good review, but there's really nothing good to say about our experience with them.

Pros: eco-friendly, raw options, locally obtained food
Cons: overpriced, bland, stuffy atmosphere
fallenruby
fallenruby

favorite restaurant in wisconsin

5 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2010

this place is great to have in the mke area. i have the green juice every time i visit. lots of FRESH menu options. meals are always tasty and worth the price. very friendly staff, clean restaurant, and upscale atmosphere. biodegradable packaging used for to go orders, even utensils.

Pros: location, raw menu items, friendly staff
Cons: NONE
veggie4444
veggie4444

it was so nice

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2009

it was so nice to go to a restaurant and not have to dissect the menu.

Pros: gluten free items, vegan items , non smoking
saki7sura
saki7sura

• raw

Now Raw and/or Vegan!

5 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2009

Awesome chef who has added raw and vegan labels to a ton of the already 100% vegetarian restaurant, including a raw dessert that is ao amazing you'll never want a cooked one again! Specials of the day for raw food menu items starting soon:)

Pros: healthy & friendly, raw food, vegan food
tdawg
tdawg

Healthy and Fresh!

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

The GREEN Juice makes you feel like you are getting healthier while you drink it! All of the items are very creative and inviting. Can't wait to try them all... but then they will have to expand the menu. Very green atmosphere with bamboo sustainable flooring, gorgeous lighting and even environmentally friendly PAINT on the walls. Beautiful giant paintings of veggies adorn the walls. The owner is very friendly and welcomes questions or comments. I am very glad to see them doing well, it is nice to have another vegetarian only restaurant in the area!

Pros: healthy fresh food, very friendly staff, no smoking
Cons: no specials

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Manna: