Serves meat, veg options available. Please confirm if the vegan options are good enough to keep this listing on HappyCow. Coffee shop with a light sandwich menu - marinated tofu, portebello, hummus, and avocado. Has gelato & sorbet, and baked goods made on premises. Located in charming Old Cloverdale. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Non-veg
1036 E Fairview Ave
Montgomery, Alabama 36106
334-264-4241

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by JDS
Becki
Becki

ok, for the south

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2013

If I lived in a northern city with a lot of vegetarian options, I wouldn't even consider Cafe Louisa a vegetarian restaurant. But I since I moved from Chicago to Alabama my standards are different. They are probably one of the most vegetarian-friendly options in this part of Alabama. I guess that is kinda pathetic because they only have like two or three veggie or vegan sandwiches. But, it is better than nothing around here, so we go there a lot, and enjoy it.

Pros: a few good sandwiches, friendly staff, better than nothing
Cons: kinda expensvie for what it is, not many veg options
Justin K.
Justin K.

Nice Little Cafe

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2012

Stopped here for lunch with an omni co-worker. Had a rather limited vegan selection, essentially hummus (sandwich? plate?) and a falafel sandwich. Falafel is not the typical style but instead is pressed and baked. Still tasty, and had the hummus (which was delicious) and sprouts and whatnot. Co-worker enjoyed her meat-based sandwich. Counter service was knowledgeable of what things were veg/vegan. Sadly of their broad pastry/dessert collection, none are vegan. Apparently they used to have a vegan option but the supplier they use discontinued the item (revealing that they do not make the items in-house). All in all, the food was good, but I'm not sure I'd be back - unless I was specifically looking to try the hummus, because it sure was tasty.

Pros: great hummus & environment, knowledgeable staff, omnivore friendly
Cons: no vegan desserts, limited vegan options
JDS
JDS

Worth the stop

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2008

Traveling from SC back to Texas in a car with a "meatatarian" was a concern til I logged on and found Cafe Louisa. Excellent food and service. we both found plenty of options. An easy location from the Interstate; off & back on the road in 30 minutes.

Pros: Great service, Delicious food, Huge selection
Cons: Small if big group

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Louisa: