CLOSED: Cafe Klatsch

All vegan cafe serving in-house-made cakes and muffins plus seasonal and fresh food, organic beer. Menu changes weekly. JULY-SEPT 2013 Reported temporarily closed but has not re-opened as of Dec 2013. Removed. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, German, Western, Bakery, Beer/Wine
Moltkestr. 2 (Deutschherrnstrasse entrance)
Nuremberg, Germany 90429
+49 911 288039

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Benjamin
Tara HD
Tara HD

Fantastic ice cream, good fast food

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2013

Update from August 2013:
Please note that this café is currently temporarily closed! Check their website and Facebook page to find out if they've reopened again before going there!
***
Review from 19 March 2012:
My bf and I went there for lunch. In general, they have a fast food menu. We ordered a Gyros plate and a dish with bread dumplings and a mushroom cream sauce. Both tasted OK but weren't exciting or anything. We also wanted to try dessert and the waitress recommended ice cream which was truly fantastic.

Pros: ice-cream, all vegan, friendly staff
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great food, friendly staff, GREAT desserts

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2012

The staff here are very friendly and the daily specials/desserts are always changing.

I've been here 3 times and tried something different each time. Each time, it's been very delicious and large portions. The food is more expensive than veg restaurants in former East Germany, which is typical for southern Germany. Expect to spend 10€ for a dinner or 8€ for a burger.

I recommend saving room for dessert, because the desserts here are absolutely amazing. Also has a full-service coffee bar, which is quite good.

If you go on a Friday or Saturday evening, expect to wait for a table.

Pros: All-vegan, Amazing desserts, Milkshakes
Cons: A bit pricy
wildfang
wildfang

Good for Nuremberg standards

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2011

We went to Café Klatsch after a long and exhausting day and were hoping for excellent food as the other reviews were so excited about it. There were four of us and everyone ordered something to eat, two people ordered something to drink plus a jar of tap water. As this jar happened to be very small we ordered another one and the owners made us promise someone would order another drink since otherwise everyone would just be ordering tap water all the time, so we were told (So what? It costs them like one cent and we were all having dinner there!). At least the waitress was very friendly and helpful.
The choice wasn't very big but sufficient. Two of us went for the green minestrone which tasted very good, one for the sandwich. The salads were very good as well. I went for the soya burger with chips and a side salad (see second picture above). The patty was homemade and tasted delicious but unfortunately, the bun was super crispy and not soft as a burger bun should be. The chips and the salad were good, though.

Prices were a bit on the expensive side - my satiable burger menu cost 7,5€, the quite small sandwich was around 5€, the minestrone around 4,5€.

The place itself is actually quite nice regarding the atmosphere - quite relaxing and hip with an interesting mix of people coming there.
Since it's the only vegan non-fast food place in Nürnberg, I would recommend going there.

Pros: changing fresh menu, atmosphere, friendly waitress
Cons: a bit pricy, owners could be more friendly

day-hee
day-hee

Worth the walk!

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2010

I enjoyed the soyburger at the recommendation of my server (who spoke English), though everything else on the menu sounded delicious as well. The menu changes on a weekly basis, however I wouldn't doubt that everything they serve is delicious! There was also a large selection of organic drinks and home-baked desserts on display. The atmosphere was cozy and a little bit retro (candle-lit, diner-style), and the service was both fast and friendly. The prices were great, too - the burger and side salad were only 6,50, and I think the most expensive dish (a pasta) was still under 9,00. I highly recommend this restaurant; it is well worth several minutes' walk outside of the city centre!

Pros: Great atmosphere, Delicious food, Fast, friendly service
Cons: Distance to get to
kim_denver
kim_denver

Fantastic Place

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2010

We loved this restaurant. It just opened in summer 2010 (a few months before we went), so I really hope it succeeeds. This was my boyfriend's favorite restaurant on our trip. The menu is not in English but our waiter did speak English. I don't know if the whole staff does, but our waiter did. regardless, it is all vegan so you don't need English. We got a meal and dessert. Our dessert was excellent -- best we've had. It was lebkuchen mouse, which was very tasty and fun(since it is a lcoal specialty). You have to walk 10-15 minutes from the city center but it's worth it. The atmosphere was quaint.

Pros: excellent dessert, tasty food, friendly staff
Cons: no English menu
Benjamin
Benjamin

Excellent!

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2010

Cafe Klatsch is a sixties styled cafe/restaurant, which serves all vegan warm meals, ice cream and homemade cakes. They've got a weekly changing menu with different startes, main dishes (such as burgers, schnitzel, pasta, etc.) and desserts. Furthermore, there is an assortment of smoked tofu sandwiches.
When I've been there I had some cakes for takeaway. The service was very friendly - nice guys! I had a cinnamon flavored muffin, a poppy-seed cake and a nut cake. Everything was excellent and very tasty! When you're vegan and looking for cakes, Cafe Klatsch is the place to go! The cakes are home made and you're tasting this quality!
Sadly, I didn't have the chance to try the warm meals - I'll do that asap!

Pros: great desserts and cakes, very nice staff, friendly and stylish

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Cafe Klatsch: