Veggie cafe and deli, formerly Cafe Lotus-Sante Vous Bien. The deli case displays each day's prepared dishes, and you choose what you'd like. Also offers vegan cooking classes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, International, Buffet, Take-out
5568 Monkland (Old Orchard)
Montreal, Quebec H4A1C9
514-508-6268

Open Mon-Fri 11am-9pm, Sat 11am-8pm, Sun 12-6pm.

First Review by Lissabath
JonJon
JonJon

Great burgers and pies

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

I went there once and had a very good experience. I took a vegan burger that was really good (among the best I've had in Montréal), a salad and an apple pie to take away. Everything was really tasty. I'll be happy come back again. It would have been great to be at the city center!

Pros: great burgers, vegan options, friendly staff
Cons: not central, small
Petesternz
Petesternz

Not for me thanks...

2 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2011

Don't see what the fuss is about here. We tried several salads and dishes and nothing was particularly good. My bean and rice burrito was one of the worst vegan dishes I've ever eaten. It was, effectively, beans and rice - unseasoned - in a wrap. Didn't even finish it. Salads were mildly better but hardly worth the trip.

StevanHarnad
StevanHarnad

Vegan Haven

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

Huge variety, delicious food (all vegetarian, almost all vegan); friendly staff and owner

Pros: outstanding food, reasonable prices , deliver large orders
Cons: wish it were downtown
snapfocus
snapfocus

Absolutely sensational!!!!!!

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2010

Besides having the best veggie burger I've ever tasted in Montreal, this cafe has the most flavourful hot sauce on the island to boot. I love everything at this cafe, I've been back several times and every time I leave licking my lips, enjoying the unique tastes left tingling on my tongue. The food is made with love and served with a beaming smile by owner/cook extraordinaire Jessica Watters.
Also, Montreal Canadiens enforcer George Laraque has eaten there, if it's good enough to fuel professional athletes, it's good enough for me!

Pros: everything!!
Cons: there is only one!
cy_mtl
cy_mtl

Overpriced - that is if you can find prices

2 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2009

Don't you just hate going to a restaurant or store where there are absolutely no prices? Especially as most homemade items are ridiculously overpriced and lack ingredient list and nutritional information on the packaging. However, price is of no consequence if the food is really amazing which it is not. So, overpriced and average. Too bad this area of the city could do with a really cool vegan and vegetarian venue.

cookiemonster
cookiemonster

Cool, worth checking out, not amazing

3 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2009

We just went here for lunch. My companion had "the best veggie burger in montreal" and received an ok, dry, lentil based burger. I had a lentil-loaf which seemed to be the same stuff as the burger but mine was coated in a delicious spicy tomato sauce. Of the two of us, I definitely lucked out.

Now check it out, they have five or six great looking salads and when you get a meal, you get a salad on the side. *But you don't get to choose it!* That's right, we asked for a specific one and they just chose another for us. When we asked why, they said "oh, normally you just get a random salad". I guess that is fine but I really felt like veggies and not like boiled kamut. My friend got beet salad which is great, but some people don't like it. I don't know, do they give you the cheapest ones? It just seems weird.

I don't know where the "outdoor seating" was, I didn't see any but we had a nice little table inside. I would have tried out some of the drinks they have in the big cooler or one of the delicious looking desserts but they had no prices on them and there was no indication if they were vegan or not. I wasn't hungry enough to hassle with asking prices and ingredients for everything.

Overall, I think it's a cool little place, the lentil loaf was great and some of the salads look good - too bad I couldn't try any of those, guess you have to be lucky. I would skip on the veggie burger unless you like yours dry and virtually toppingless.

They should really price and label their things, and allow their customers to choose their food.

Pros: Neat, Lentil Loaf
Cons: Can't choose salad
cmacwhirter
cmacwhirter

Overpriced and not very fresh

2 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2009

Ordered the so-called number one veggie burger in Montreal and received a flavourless and stale offering. The salads were overpriced, not fresh, and all of the same flavouring.

Lissabath
Lissabath

Delicious food for eat-in or take-away!

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2008

This cafe has "Sante Vous Bien" on the sign, so be sure you don't miss it.

The veggie burger sandwiches are delicious, with roasted red pepper tahini (homemade) and the best fresh veggie burgers ever.
The salads are always great, and change daily. The raw veggie salad, risotto tabouleh and ginger tofu are my faves. I hear the owner is going to start baking healthy treats soon as well...I look forward to the muffins and cookies...oh my!

The people there are very friendly, and you're definitely welcome to eat in, although there are only a couple of small tables. I had a carrot apple juice as well, which was really refreshing and a very sizeable portion for the cost.

Take the trip to Monkland village, as it's worth it!

Pros: great food
Cons: cafe sized, so no huge dining area

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Juicy Lotus: