CLOSED: Cafe Indigo

Cafe and bakery. Features a Sunday brunch that includes one entree, 2 sides, and buffet of cakes and fruit salad. JUN 2014 REPORTED SHUT, CONFIRMED BY ITS WEBPAGE. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Take-out

First Review by hellokitty
SunshineDaydream
SunshineDaydream

Carrot Cake.

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2014

This place is seriously heavenly. Carrot cake is my favorite type of cake and they are known for how irresistible theirs is. The Rachel Rueben sandwich is sinfully delicious.

They have a great freezer/cooler section in the front full of loads of options like baked goods, frozen party-sized meals, their own mock meats and lots of other random goodies.

Pros: Carrot Cake, All Vegan, Party Prep
JohnnyD
JohnnyD

Vegan Brunch!

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

Finding a place that serves vegan items for breakfast or brunch can be a challenge, which is why I love Café Indigo! What a treat to be able to order anything off the menu, knowing two things for certain: first, it's all vegan and second, it's all delicious! I can't wait for my next visit!

Pros: Brunch!, Great desserts!
Cons: Only open for brunch 2 Sundays per month
CarolSheehan
CarolSheehan

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2013

I went today to order a graduation cake for my son, who is vegan!! I have been "trying" to do this... On and off. I was so impressed!! The carrot cake is the BEST carrot cake I absolutely ever had-- and it was VEGAN!!! I also had the meatball (lentils) wrap! So delicious!! Never ever think it was vegan! I then took home a ton of desserts to share!! VERY GOOD!! Can't wait to go back!!

Pros: Yummy, Can easily become vegan!!
Cons: Wish it was in Manchester!
VanessaWeego
VanessaWeego

awesome

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

Great desserts - especially the sweet potato brownie! Strange location but great place.

Pros: dessert, friendly, to-go items
Cons: location, decor, design

jimbojonesbos
jimbojonesbos

can't be beat for vegan treats!

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2013

Although it is basically located in an industrial park, and if using the phone app you might think your GPS is leading you astray, this is a must visit spot for veggies and vegans in the area. Most certainly the best vegan baked treats I have ever had. Beats anything I have eaten in NYC or other vegan hotspots like Seattle or Portland. It is the vegan baked goods that define this spot but they do have a great assortment of full meal options on the menu. All of which are delicious, I have eaten just about everything on the menu and loved them all.

If you dine in be aware that the primary function of this place is as a bakery to supply stores and it feels like it, but the meals are outstanding with truly fresh ingredients and hot out of the oven breads.

I am fantasizing about a tempeh BLT right now!

Be sure and have a vegan whoopie pie before you leave

Pros: baked vegan treats!, fresh, quality food, oh yeah, baked vegan treats!!
Cons: industrial location, industrial vibe
Esqski
Esqski

Favorite Restaurant

5 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2012

Cafe Indigo is my favorite restaurant and I'm addicted! Everything is amazing but don't miss the Rachel or carrot cake!

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

Cafe Indigo makes one fine whoopie pie! Generally I expect about 75% of vegan baked goods to be bland, dry, or tasteless, but Cafe Indigo was in the other 25%. The whoopie pie was moist and the filling was flavored really well, definitely recommended.

pisceschic
pisceschic

Whoopie pie!

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2011

I haven't been to the restaurant, but I had the seitan in a burrito from Hermanos Cocina Mexicana, which was very good, and a whoopie pie from the Concord Coop, which knocked my socks off. I cannot wait to visit this restaurant.

Pros: Dessert!
Cons: Not a full lunch menu on Sunday
fabricadabra
fabricadabra

yuummmm!

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2011

My family and I just ate here. It was really good. Even my very picky brother, who got the homemade veggie burger, enjoyed it. The veggie cakes, what I got, were delicious and were complimented nicely by a tasty tartar sauce.
Overall, it was a wonderful experience. I would definitely recommend it!

Pros: delicious food, convenient location, frozen make at home food
Suzanne
Suzanne

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

I ordered the reuben, it was so good! They sell the seiten and cole slaw so you can make it at home! My daughter had the spinach and "sausage" quesadillas which was also delicious. We had the carrot cake and as stated before it was really yummy!

SirJustinian
SirJustinian

Must have brunch

5 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2010

Stopped in here while driving from Vermont to Maine. Certainly glad that we did so! The brunch is absolutely fabulous. Everything was delicious, but especially loved the potatoes and the cakes were divine. The location is unusual and made me wonder if I was in the right place at first. But aside from that the place was clean and the staff very friendly. If you are in the area on a Sunday you must stop in for the brunch.

Pros: fabulous food, carrot cake!!!, all vegan
cookster
cookster

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2009

This cafe was probalby the closet veg friendly restaurant to me when I was living in NH (Holderness) and it was still 45 mins away! Only went there once but it was a nice treat. Their baked goods seem divine. My friend bought a bunch of them to take back home to eat through out the week. We also had a nice meal there for sunday brunch. The loaction is a bit odd - its not downtown, its in some office park and the inside doesn't feel much like a cafe but still good choice.

Pros: baked goods, sunday brunch, incredible by nh standards
Cons: location
Lisa
Lisa

Amazing!

5 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2008

Stopped here on the way up to the lakes and then returned on our way back. I got the spinach quesadilla the first time and the tofishy sandwich the second. My boyfriend got the veggie burger and the carrot cake- he's omni but he is in love too! Really nice staff, very accommodating. The food was absolutely delicious. HIGHLY recommended!

Pros: Sweet staff, Delicious food, Happy atmosphere
Cons: Weird location

Great Restaurant

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2007

Cafe Indigo has the best food. I had a falafel burger. My boyfriend had the saytan wrap with a vegan feta cheese. I could not believe it was vegan. The carrot cake was the best I have had. I have only been vegan for 3 months, so I remember what cream cheese tastes like.

Pros: fast service, nice staff, surprising menu choices
Cons: hard to find
akarnauk
akarnauk

Great Vegan Cafe

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2007

Higly recomment the Sunday Brunch. Great coffe, amazing desserts ( blueberry cheesecake, carrot cake, chocolate cake, lemon poppyseed cake and yellow cake) Really friendly staff. The location is a little inconvinent but worth the drive. If you dont make it to the restaurant the Concord co op in dowtown Concord has the cakes for sale.

Pros: amazing food, friendly staff
Cons: location

Best restaurant in Concord

5 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2007

Cafe Indigo is amazing. I've been there 5 times and enjoyed every experience. I recommend the all-you-can eat Sunday brunch. It's well worth the $15. They serve all their cakes, fruit salad, pasta salad, and an entree with a sampler platter option. If you can't make it to Concord, try and find their carrot cake in a local bakery. It's the best cake I've ever eaten.

Pros: excellent food, nicest staff, good ambiance
Cons: small portions
hellokitty
hellokitty

Killer Carrot Cake!!!

5 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2007

Went here while on vacation last week and am now DYING to return. Had a delicious Tofishy sandwhich on the some fabulous homemade oatmeal bread. It's a cute place even if in sort of a weird industrial building. Family run, very nice people.

But the carrot cake - oh my. STEP AWAY FROM THE CARROT CAKE. Seriously, you just do not need this addiction. My omni husband had a piece as well and this morning told me he's going to need me to put in a standing order for one cake a week (they ship as well). LOL.

Pros: Excellant Food, All Vegan, Nice Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Cafe Indigo: