Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee house that offers vegan sandwiches and some soups and grain salads. Always a vegan soup. Uses local produce and other local products. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Coffee House, Non-veg
1540 N Franklin St (I-275)
Tampa, Florida 33602
813-221-5150

Open Mon-Wed 7am-4pm, Thu-Fri 7am-9pm, Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 10am-7pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by kmilitello
AlexandraPhillips
AlexandraPhillips

Just ok

2 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

This cafe was really close to my job so I went a few times to get their VLT(vegan bacon, lettuce and tomato) sandwich. They dry press it on Cuban bread. It's an ok sandwich but nothing that I couldn't make at home. The main reason I don't eat here more often is their limited selection of vegan food, the smell of incense and staff arguing. Every time I've gone in there someone is belittling someone or arguing. Not exactly a relaxing coffee shop vibe!

Pros: Close to work, Decent vegan sandwich
Cons: Stinky incense , Limited vegan menu, Not a relaxing environment
kmilitello
kmilitello

Few but good vegan options

3 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

Food is pretty good but I wish they had more than a handful of vegan options. The kale salad is fresh and delicious. I've had a few vegan soups there and they were ok but mild in flavor. They did taste freshly made. The VLT is good but not especially healthy. It's made with vegan bacon and served on fresh Cuban bread. The Abba is delicious, but I eat it for dessert because it is so sweet with almond butter, banana, and apricot jam, also served on Cuban bread. Neither sandwich is particularly filling and should be ordered with a soup or salad side. For vegetarians, there are a few more options with cheese or egg. They have soy and almond milks for coffee or tee and occasionally vegan cookies. Coffee is very good. Lots of events with local music and artists. Few outside tables with hooks to clip your dogs to when you eat outside.

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Hey: