Eclectic, artistic, vegetarian cafe with a strong Brazilian flair. Offers vegan smoothies, sandwiches, soups and milkshakes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Brazilian
Sodermannagatan 10
Stockholm, Sweden
n/a

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by maryeng1
Kimxula
Kimxula

Good vibes and good food

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

I went to Cafe Hangmattan last summer whilst visiting Stockholm and wandering around the area.

Really liked the atmosphere of the place; alternative, relaxed, inviting. Unfortunately, they were all out of the main dishes and only had salads/sandwiches left, so I went with the owner's suggestion and it certainly didn't disappoint. Hearty portion size and really healthy and filling. The smoothie I had was awesome and the crumble for desert was heavenly. Big thumbs up.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Great food, Friendly owner
Cons: They were all out of main dishes..., ...but my fault for arriving a bit late
Alli
Alli

Great Place!

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

My husband & I ordered take-away lunch here last week during a visit to Stockholm. The owner was super nice & spoke English pretty well, although we weren't entirely sure what we were getting after his explanation. We knew it would be vegan though & didn't worry about it too much. We were not disappointed in the least! We had a salad & an open-faced sandwich. Fresh, flavorful, & filling. The presentation of the food was nice too, even jn the take-out containers. We would definitely return.

Pros: Delicious & filling , Good prices, Nice staff
Cons: More of a lunch type atmosphere
sigurdas
sigurdas

great alternative place

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

I visit often there. A place has Brazilian roots, but not only South Americans visit this place, as it is open to every kind of initiative, so that now and then you can see some alternative band playing there, a meeting for some NGO or a lecture being held, etc. - this attracts activists and alternative folks, and all in all this place gets really good vibes, despite being so small and simple in their interior design.
The food is simple and good, often great vegan options on menu.

Pros: very liberate and alternative, great vegan options, location
Cons: small

sglcklch
sglcklch

Funky little place

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2012

My BF and I were walking around SoFo and decided to try out this cafe for some grub. We ordered a salad and a sandwich that also came with a side salad, both of which turned out to be HUGE. Two soft drinks were included in the price. All for SEK115 only. Water was free as always, but there was also a homemade, cold (what I think was) elderflower blossom tea to boot. The owner is a very kind man that puts a lot of heart in this place. I also liked the laidback atmosphere and the eclectic decor. Perfect for a lazy afternoon.

Pros: tasty food, good value, very nice owner
Pastizal
Pastizal

Vegans Paradise

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2012

Eating here you feel like at heaven with really vegan food. I almost eat my lunch here and I always being pleased.

Pros: food, acai, , service, livemusic, art gallery
Cons: ligthning
maryeng1
maryeng1

amazing vegan cobbler

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2011

very amazing books coffee music cobbler art niceness super nice people, super delicious

very oldschool noncorporate artistic feel, with love, very happy, cant wait to return

Pros: wonderful

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Hangmattan: