CLOSED: Cafe Grindstone

Coffee bar serving fair trade and organic coffee drinks, vegan and vegetarian snacks and sandwiches, fresh fruit smoothies, and vegan espresso milkshakes. DJ and live music at night. Menu is written with 3-D chalk. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American

First Review by PhillyRoller

No Thanks.

2 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2012

Music is too loud and never changing from awful to worse. I've been here 3 times because I was in the neighborhood. First time, I asked questions about the desserts no one knew anything. I got nothing and left after being treated in a huffy fashion by a homosexual male. Second visit, I wanted tea. Do they have decaf? No one knew. I get passed around and ignored with this query only to get that same pissy guy mumbling responses to me. You see they have a list of decaf, but they are out. Third visit, had to bring a dessert type item to a friend. Since I wasn't eating it I had no questions. Brought the baked good to my friend only for her to tell me how stale and unpleasant it was... Sorry Grindhouse, no dice. So many coffee shops in that area are friendlier, cheaper and better with customers.

Pros: location, nice chairs
Cons: Crap art on walls, awful service, stale desserts
  • Cascadian Cascadian

"I got nothing and left after being treated in a huffy fashion by a homosexual male."

Philly,
    What does the persons (assumed?) sexual orientation have to do with anything?

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Cafe Grindstone: