Cafe Gratitude - Los Angeles

An abundance ("world of plenty") concept restaurant that's part of the Cafe Gratitude restaurants from the San Francisco Bay area. Offers both cooked as well as gourmet raw cuisine. Extensive smoothies and juices menu, and all the desserts are raw. Unlike to one's up north, honey is used in some items. Parking lot on premises. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Raw, Gourmet, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out
639 N Larchmont Blvd (Melrose Ave)
Hollywood, California 90004

zroq12
zroq12

the ultimate vegan experience

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2014

you could eat here for a month everyday , have everyday a different choice from the menu. and still find out new things.
it's that good !
these people here understand what means vegan .
the variety is endless.
the food is excellent.
and if you are lucky you sit next to a famous actor, they like to come here.
this city has a problem , too many excellent vegan places. a luxury problem that makes me feel comfortable.

Pros: fabulous menu variety, first class food, service with a smile
Cons: extremely popular place so busy , could be little cheaper, not a walking distance from centre
sglcklch
sglcklch

Can't go wrong with them

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2014

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner while visiting and had a fantastic evening. We've been to the Venice location before, so we kind of knew what to expect. This time we tried out different things - the raw collard wraps, the corn tostadas off the seasonal specials, and raw mushroom pizza. Everything was delicious. The food was light and refreshing, and they used 100% organic ingredients (or at least so they claimed). Yet, they managed to keep the prices very reasonable. Did I mention they had amazing desserts? We got their signature tiramisu and I dare say it was quite possibly one of the best desserts I'd ever had. Alternate bites between this and the super-dark cocoa truffle sent us to a state of bliss.

The place wasn't very big and could get filled up pretty fast. Try and call for reservations if you don't see any openings online - that's how we secured our table.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Healthy, delicious food
KMR607
KMR607

Delicious food, lame menu item names

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

The kelp noodle dish was amazing, but I can't remember what it's called because everything on the menu has an unrelated affirming name, like "I Am Amazing".

Pros: Delicious
Cons: Not inexpensive

Chia
Chia

Vegan food and drinks

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

I had read about this place on happycow when it first opened years back and have dined here three times so far, most recently Sept 2013. Here's my Cafe Gratitude Los Angeles review update.

The scene here is always busy and noisy. It's a popular place, overflowing with diners both on the outdoor dining deck and inside. It's located on Larchmont, very close to Melrose Ave. The decor is modern and trendy with clean lines, dark oak tables, and bright with tall glass windows.

From the starter menu, I've tried the "I am connected" guacamole and flax crackers. The crackers are spiced and crunchy.

For mains, I've tried:
- the "I am elated" raw enchiladas served with a creamy chipotle coleslaw, $13. Interesting taste with a sunflower nut filling.
- the cooked "I am transformed" corn tacos with brown rice black beans and side salad, $11. Yummy.
- the cooked "I am fortified" bowl of quinoa topped with sesame-ginger sauce over steamed seasonal greens, $12. Warm and hearty.
- the "I am heavenly" polenta with a tomato sauce, $13. Satisfying.

From the raw specialties, we've tried the hemp pesto kelp noodle (forgot the name), $13. Very tasty, nice crunch to the kelp noodle, a bit more salty than I like.

Overall, the food presentation is nice and the taste good. The restaurant gets very busy on the weekends, so expect a wait. Or you could find a seat at the bar.

For dessert (everything is raw), we've tried the tiramisu cake, $8 or 9; mint chocolate pie, $8 or 9; and the "I am grace" smoothie (coconut milk, almond butter, date, vanilla bean), $8.

While the sweets were not cheap, the food tastes good and healthy.

Pros: smoothies, nice space, menu variety
Cons: gets pricey, juices are pre-made
LaurenHynde
LaurenHynde

Amazing

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

The San Francisco location used to be my favorite restaurant, and this is such a delight to go to when I happen to be in Los Angeles. The food is amazing, the staff is very friendly, and it is a beautiful building.

Raw food can be hit or miss, but nothing can really compare to Cafe Gratitude.

StacyOwens
StacyOwens
  • herbivore

Wonderful!

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

Amazing recipes for entrees, desserts and drink.

Pros: Outside seating, Question of the Day
Cons: Pricey, Noisy
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

What a vegan restaurant should aspire to be

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2011

I was AMAZED by Cafe Gratitude. First, the greeting at the door was kind, warm and welcoming and by more than one staffer! They showered my gf with compliments on her vegan shoes. The place is just amazing, brand new, stylish yet comfortable. The menu contains many healthy cooked items that are all customizable. Everyone is so conscious about various methods of vegan eating. The tacos and veggie burger were both of top notch quality. I found myself eating every last morsel of veggie on the plate. Don't miss out on the I Am Luscious date/fig/cacao/hazelnut milk smoothie for a treat, they'll split it for two!

Pros: everything! , highest quality of food, amazing location
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

tasty and healthy

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2011

We checked out Cafe Gratitude for a late lunch on Saturday and it was still pretty busy, but we had no problem getting seated. They have indoor seating as well as an outdoor patio where we sat. Overall, the decor is clean, modern and sleek. They have a small parking lot, but it was full, so we just parked on the street. They also have a sit down diner counter inside as well as a little store area. I saw honey for sale in the store, but the menu and the waitress both noted that the food is vegan.

AS for the food, each table already has a water bottle on it when you arrive. The menu is separated between starters, raw and cooked items. We started with the "I Am Grounded" which is roasted potatoes with a spicy nacho cashew cheese. The potatoes were perfectly roasted and the sauce was very creamy, but definitely on the spicy side. We also shared a "I Am Eternally Blessed" shake which is a espresso milkshake and it was extremely yummy! For entrees, we had the "I Am Fortified" (roasted veggie bowl with kale and quinoa) and the "I Am Extraordinary" (a BLT panini). The bowl was very flavorful and the BLT was very unique with sauteed maple coconut. We ended the meal with the raw tiramisu which was very good as well. All the food was tasty and healthy. We left filling full, but energized. We highly recommend checking out this latest addition to the LA vegan scene.

Pros: tasty and healthy, raw and cooked, great shakes
Cons: small parking lot

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Gratitude - Los Angeles: