Food is served buffet style and is 100% vegan. The cafe also serves pastries, some of them are vegan and are clearly marked. On the menu you can also find vegan smoothies and more. The cafe is small and often packed at lunch time. The atmosphere is nice, warm and cozy. Try the vegan chocolate-banana cake. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Buffet
Kuninkaankatu 15
Tampere, Finland

Open Mon-Fri 11am-6pm, Sat Noon-5pm, closed Sun.

First Review by tomahola
Woogleboo
Woogleboo

Relaxing time for a cup of coffee

3 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

This super small cafe is a part of the growing Gopal restaurant "chain". The food in all three of these restaurants is pretty much the same, they vary a bit from restaurant to restaurant but it's basically the same food but for some reason my luck visiting this place has been bad.

The food is good, don't get me wrong but it's been super salty for my taste.
This Gopal has awesome raw/vegan/vegetarian cakes and desserts. For food I would go to the other two places, but for desserts and a cup of coffee/tea I would come here.

Pros: Cakes, Coffee, Tea
Cons: Saltiness of the food, The place is quite small.
Sarah_Lily
Sarah_Lily

The best thing about Tampere....

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2012

.... is probably Cafe Gopal.

This lovely, quaint little cafe serves a vegan buffet with an Indian theme. I found that half the buffet was traditional salads such as couscous and quinoa, and the other half was dishes such as lentil dal, chickpea curry, spinach curry and rice. They also had puppadoms and the most delicious crispy beetroot balls when I visited. You help yourself and pay by weight. I had a dish full of food and it came to 9 euros while my partner, who tends to eat more than me, had a plate piled high for 11 euros.

The lady, busy cooking in the kitchen as she worked, was really nice, helpful and spoke excellent English. Everything on the buffet was vegan when I visited which was great. She also had a counter absolutely full of cakes, with an entire shelf that were vegan. I was too stuffed to eat any pudding there and then but I got some cakes to take away which included an apple sponge drizzled with vanilla custard, a lemon and almond muffin and a fudgy chocolate, nut topped cake. They were all really yummy and only 1.50-3.50 euros each.

I would not hesitate to recommend Cafe Gopal as a great place to eat for anyone who is visiting Tampere.

Pros: fresh and tasty buffet options, lovely atmosphere, fantastic cakes :)
emilyt_w
emilyt_w

In the top vegan food & hands down THE top cakes!

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2012

So thankful I found this place here in Tampere. The description is correct - small, homely and packed at lunch place. The buffet was the best vegan food I've had definately in the top few meals of my life - no joke. So fresh, great mix of hot and cold with a Finnish take and international side. I was tempted to have the banana cake as the description said but went for the berry something or rather cake which hands down, is the best cake I've had in my life. I told the cafe themselves, which they said they make onsite everyday. Cake with custard - oh gosh - to die for! I would have had the whole thing. If you're in tampere, please go - vegan, vegetarian or even if you're not. You will love it, the coseyness and the price (pay for what you eat in weight). Oh the soy latte was great too - MASSIVE and cheap! One of the best vegan cafe's I've ever eaten at. Pretty much can't think of any better actually right now!!!

Pros: hot & cold food, cakes delicious, cosey friendly
Cons: none

tomahola
tomahola

A delicious treat

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2011

Lunch is similar to Gopal: very delicious and great variety. Cafe Gopal has in addition to the lunch a great selection of sweet cakes and drinks. Also, great cakes for vegans. The opening hours are also longer, which is great for me as I sometime travel through Tampere in the late afternoon. The place is a bit crowded but it has a very nice atmosphere.

Pros: tasty, delicious, sweets
Cons: pricey if you eat a lot like me

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Gopal: