Vegan and organic restaurant serving continental and Thai cuisine plus cakes and more. Brunch every Sat and Sun, and bargain eats after 4pm. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, International, Pizza, Thai, Bakery, Take-out

hack_man
hack_man

Saxons and Vegans

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2015

For €9.80 you can choose 1 of the hot main courses or mix and match all of them including rice. If you want to eat as much as you want including soup it's €11.80. On the 10th April 2015 the choice were 2 types of vegetable rice, a couple of curries and a noodle dish with tofu. They were all very nice. Not outstanding, but just very nice. Which is a good thing. Pleasant colourful surroundings make this an enjoyable place to visit. The vegan cakes looked pretty astonishing but alas we did not sample. Cafe Gleichklang is very pro vegan and was promoting the annual Hannover Vegan spring Fayre on the 11th April which is just as well we visited on the 10th to find out about it. Make a beeline for this place if you fancy an honourable vegan feed. Next time perhaps, I would like to try the coffee and cake and maybe give the mains a miss.

Pros: location, friendly, vegan cakes
Cons: quite pricey
ChristianZimpel
ChristianZimpel

Very good Cakes!

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2015

We made a review-video from this place. To see the video just click on the link. Its in German.

Diesmal waren wir zum Brunchen und Kuchenessen im bio-veganen Café Gleichklang unterwegs. Das Café in der Marienstraße gibt es erst seit einem Jahr. Dennoch ist es in Hannovers veganer Szene schon sehr beliebt. Das Motto ist vegan, bio, lecker und gesund. Daher kommen auch viele Nicht-Veganer gerne zum Sonntags-Brunch, fantastischen Kuchen-Buffet oder leckeren Thaiessen. Guido, einer der Mitbegründer, hat uns das Konzept von Gleichklang erklärt und einen interessanten Ausblick für die Zukunft gegeben. Schaut mal rein.

v_mdj
v_mdj

Great lasagna

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

Very nice people and cozy restaurant/cafe. You can order one dish or for some euro's extra you can taste a bit of all the possibilities Gleichklang offers. I had a very good lasagna. The cake I had tasted good as well although a little bit dry. But the best vegan food in Hannover I ate here during my stay!

Pros: a lot of choice, friendly staff

CiKay
CiKay

Great Sunday Brunch

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2014

My father (non-veg) and I went to the cafe for Sunday brunch and were both more than happy with what we got. For brunch, they offer a buffet of cold and 8 warm dishes, always surrounding a motto (yesterday: pumpkin). After a little salad and pumpkin soup (really tasty!), I tried as many of the warm dishes as possible, which were all between "pretty good" and "Oh my God, I have to eat more of this!". Especially the lasagna got me addicted. For dessert, I tried a apricot pudding with fruit salad, which I really enjoyed as well.
All in all, the brunch is definitely worth the money and the cafe is a really nice, small place with friendly staff.

Pros: large brunch buffet, friendly and helpful staff, personal touch
Cons: not barrier-free, a little chilly in winter, small variety of dishes during the week
forisma
forisma

First vegan bistro in Hannover

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

I visited Gleichklang in August 2013. Unfortunately I didn't have time to eat anything, I only bought some sweets - a cookie en vegan Raffaelloes. A cookie was way too sweet, but Raffaelloes were perfect!
Though positioning as "gezund" they didn't offer sweets without sugar.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 16, 2013

Pros: not expensive, first vegan place in Hannover, nice outside sitting space
Cons: small menu to choose from, no sugar free dessert

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Gleichklang: