Arhus vegetarian, mostly organic cafe. Salads, sandwich, soups, juice, raw food, healthy cakes and bread. (Some without sugar and gluten). Vegetarisk/overvejende økologisk café med sarligt fokus pa sundhed og gode ravarer af højeste kvalitet. Udvalget i caféen vil spande over bl.a. nye, spandende salater, sandwich, supper, juicer, raw food, sunde kager og brød (en del uden sukker og gluten). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, International

Vesanto
Vesanto

Delicious Food at Cafe Gaya aka Cafe Gaia

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

This vegetarian restaurant is well worth visiting if you can get to Aarhus, in Jutland. It is beautifully decorated, a very pleasant place to eat and the food is exquisite. I was so happy to have their well seasoned lentil soup, white beans, and hummus, - great to have such tasty vegetarian protein foods. They also have raw veggies, salads, and fresh juices. The restaurant is attached to a bookstore and has an additional outdoor courtyard for dining in warmer weather, making it a pleasant destination. The cooks have a fine sense of flavor. Wait staff are helpful (in English too).
Vesanto Melina, co-author of "Becoming Vegetarian", "Becoming Vegan" and of "Becoming Raw.

Pros: Excellent food, Very pleasant environment, Healthy
cstahmer
cstahmer

Great food and great vibe

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2011

My family and I stumbled upon Cafe Gaia on a recent trip to Aarhus during their annual music festival, and it was like a secret vegetarian garden in the land of meat and more meat. We love Denmark, but anyone who travels or lives there will admit that there are not many all vegetarian restaurants in the country. As such, not only is Gaia a rarity, but it is a delicious one at that.

My wife and I had the vegetarian Tapas, wch consisted of a selection of various salads, pesto tapenade, quinoa, and a choice of fresh baked regular or gluten free bread, and my son had a hummus and pesto sandwich. The Tapas was delicious, and my son said the sandwich was the best he had ever had. Also, don't miss the smoothies or the summer lemonade.

I also want to take a m oment to say something about the staff and the atmosphere-both of which were wonderful. After several weeks on the road it just felt nurturing to be in an all vegetarian establishment. I felt like Gaia was caring for me through the food, the staff who helped us order in English, and the people playing music to entertain us.

Pros: Food, Staff, Ambiance

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Gaia: