REMOVED: Cafe Friends

Serves meat, veg options available. American food restaurant borrowing theme from the TV show, Friends. Several veggie dishes, including pasta, salad, soup, and sandwiches. Phoebe's Burger (vegetarian burger with spicy, grilled tofu served with and onion rings) could probably be prepared vegan on request. Removed for poor veg options. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
Vesterbro 91
Aalborg, Denmark 900
+45-98115178

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by avigaile56
avigaile56
avigaile56

Nothing worthy for vegans

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2014

The app was wrong about the hamburger, it cannot be vegan! I explained the waitress exactly what I eat and what I avoid, so she said the hamburger will be fine for me. After that she came to our table and told me that the tofu is made with with eggs and bread crumbs, would I like to have the hamburger without the tofu? Of course. So they served me two buns with salad and mushrooms, no burger. I'm positive it was a miss understanding and the waitress was so nice when I asked her if I can return the dish, but I had to settle for a dish of bruschettas, which turned out to be slices of baguette soaked with salad juice from the salad that was on them. And apparently these guys really don't understand the meaning of the term 'vegan', because the bruschettas were lying on pesto that contained cheese. But I was really tired of trying to explain things to people at this point so I just ate it, trying to avoid the pesto as much as I can.
And, they don't have a single salad that's vegan. Friends indeed...

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Cafe Friends: