Serves meat, veg options available. Created by two moms, this cafe offers menu items like baked tofu scramble with split beans or potatoes, oatmeal chocolate muffins, and baked goods. Serene setting. Previously all veg, but reportedly no longer as of Dec 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Canadian, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by lifeofaveggie
Magapurna
Magapurna

Yummy food!

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

Best tofu scramble and vegan hash browns I've ever eaten! Very pleasant, family-like atmosphere and great service :)

Pros: big portions, good value, friendly atmosphere
Deneige
Deneige

Best Value in the City!

5 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2009

What more could you ask for??
Great breakfast menu on until the afternoon.
Super cheap lunchtime eats.
Play area for the kids to hang out.
Live music and great entertainment at night.
It is a self-service kind of place, where you order at the counter and (hopefully) clean off your table when your done. It really feels like a great community place.

Pros: Cheap Food, Local Beers, Live Music
celestialstar2004
celestialstar2004

Grear Value for your Money

5 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2009

We spent a week in Vancouver and ate here 3X. The food was delicious each time. Breakfasts are not to be missed.

lifeofaveggie
lifeofaveggie

"Eggs in the Hole"

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2009

I picked Cafe Du Soleil (C.D.S.) for breakfast. This was cute typical veg place (of all the ones I visit) as far as the ambiance. I really liked the service and they had a lot of menu items to choose from.

I was feeling pretty regular so I orderded the eggs in the hole breakfast with toast and potato's. When my food arrived I had forgotten that I ordered eggs and didn't see them on the plate, but upon looking closer the eggs where inside of the middle of the bread sunnyside up. I had never seen this before. It was delicous and very unique...goes to show, not every place is as it seems. The rest of the food was also very tasty.

Kudos to C.D.S., this is another fabulous place I will go back to visit.

Again with the warm water...hmmm lol

Pros: Location, Service, Food
Cons: Warm water :-)

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Du Soleil: