Serves meat, veg options available. Organic and mostly vegetarian with chicken being the only meat offered. Menu features wraps, salads, rice bowls, fresh juices, smoothies, and desserts vary from vegan cookies and cupcakes to raw chocolate truffles, ginger candy, and coconut macaroons. Most dishes can be made vegan upon request. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Juice bar, American, Catering, Non-veg

AshleyLorden
AshleyLorden

fresh casual cafe

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

In an outdoor shopping center/strip mall, Cafe del Soul is a casual health-focused cafe with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. Should be dog-friendly if you eat outside. The menu states "anything can be made vegan" but I wasn't confident the person taking our order knew what vegan meant. I don't think there are any vegan dishes on menu, you have to ask for no cheese on whatever you order and most come with choice of chicken or tofu. Given their extensive use of cheese I was hoping they'd have a vegan option but was disappointed.

We ordered at counter some wraps which were quickly delivered to our table. They were very fresh, and were satisfying but a little sad to pay $9-10 for a wrap and not get any sides. Overall though we were happy with the food.

Pros: healthy, fast, parking
Cons: a bit expensive, lack of complete vegan dishes
corinal
corinal

Good and refreshing

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2014

We really enjoyed the coconut curry soup of the day and the curry soul good rice dish, which was nicely spiced with mustard. Good portions, filling, and healthy. We sat in little chairs with big cushions, which was nice after a long drive. The atmosphere was trendy and clean even though it is located in a strip mall.

Pros: Good food, Trendy atmosphere, Comfortable seats
Cons: Located in a strip mall
erinp
erinp

Good spot for lunch/early dinner

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2012

This place has good vegan options for meals, juices, smoothies and sweets, though not enough. Seating area is very chill with couches and tables. Nice place to get together with friends or bring your laptop.

Pros: healthy food choices, good food, vegan friendly

Seitan_Nic
Seitan_Nic

Veg Friendly?

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2009

I don't want completely slam this place, because I feel that the owners may have good intentions, but I would be very careful if you are vegan. While some of the employees here are nice and helpful, others have NO idea what is in the food they are serving and will tell you something is vegan when it in fact contains eggs or dairy. For instance; my girlfriend and I had been told that the house dip was vegan. We ate it a couple of times, only to find out later that it contains egg!!! I would always recommend asking a lot of questions with any place that isn't 100% vegan, but with this place..... well, if you want to give it a chance, go for it, but I'd advise caution. If the staff tells you the dip is vegan, leave!

Pros: Some fresh, interesting wraps, Some staff friendly, knowledgeable
Cons: NOT 100% Vegan!, Some staff don't know what that means!!, CAUTION!
  • techcont techcont

I Agree 100% with this review. They are really great for anyone that eats eggs and dairy but if you're vegan they are a bit short. I went in to get a salad for something different and they really didn't have a vegan salad on their menu. I asked them to hold most ingredients and then it still cost around $8.00 for mainly lettuce. I wish they were more vegan friend as I live very close and it's the kind of place I'd like to go to.

flamingobear
flamingobear

Tasty Treats and Really Great Staff!

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2008

I can't say enough great things about Cafe del Soul. The food is always great and as a really nice touch, they always write "Made with Love" on all to go containers.

Favorites include Ishtar's Delight Salad and Curry Del Soul. You may choose tofu or chicken for the protein in each dish.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly/Caring Staff, Great Parking
Cons: Not open Sunday, Not open for breakfast, A bit pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe del Soul: