Serves meat, veg options available. Has soy milk for coffee, vegetarian breakfast food like pancakes with fruit, roasted potatoes, wraps, and French toast. Ask to substitute tofu for egg. For lunch you could get tofu dish and black bean burger. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg
401 San Francisco (Old San Juan)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
787-723-7731

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by kmilitello
blonderoo69
blonderoo69

Friendly service, delicious vegetarian food

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2014

Visited twice during a week's stay in San Juan. Great place with laid back, happy vibe. Many vegan and vegetarian options. The quinoa with vegetables was delicious, it was a generous main course filled with asparagus, carrots, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, onions in a wonderfully flavorful light sauce. Also tried the mini black bean burgers which had avocado salsa and yummy roasted salt and pepper potatoes. The mojitos with Don Q rum were tasty and made with care. Had espresso following the meal which was sweet and flavorful as well. They serve breakfast all day although we didn't try it. Many people around us seemed to enjoy it. The place is right by a small square on the trolley line.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 05, 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday October 05, 2014

Pros: Fresh food, Variety of options, Friendly service
veganscorpio
veganscorpio

Veg-Friendly?

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

Not a lot of options here. I was given ONE option - a veggie wrap. I requested ONE thing - NO MUSHROOMS. Unfortunately my wrap came out swimming in shrooms. Once I picked those out as best as I could, I did enjoy the flavor of the asparagus and yellow, green and red peppers. The side of potatoes were tasty as well.

If you want a few more vegan options, go next door to Cafe Berlin.

Pros: Location
Cons: Not many options
kmilitello
kmilitello

Delicious breakfast and brunch

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

I was just in Old San Juan for a wedding, and I ate at Cafe Cultura almost every day for breakfast or brunch. Enough good things cannot be said about their coffee. They have soy milk, and their cafe late with soy was heavenly. If you are vegetarian, they have many breakfast options including French toast, pancakes with bananas cooked in rum, pancakes with coconut and jam, wraps filled with egg and vegetables, fruit, guava pastries, etc. I am vegan and several days ordered the vegetable wrap either with tofu substituted for egg or without the egg and just vegetables. The wraps are served with roasted potatoes. The pancakes with bananas and rum were outstanding, I cheated for those. At lunch, they serve a black bean burger that a woman at my hotel recommended but I never tried. It's a little pricey, but the food was wonderful. Allow extra time to eat as they get very busy and service can be slow at times. It's one of the very few places in old San Juan where you can get soy milk and vegetarian/vegan breakfast. Delicious!

Pros: Amazing coffee, Delicious pastries and pancakes, Beautiful outdoor seating
Cons: Tofu instead of egg is a $5 extra fee, Only a few entirely vegan options, Service can be slow

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Cultura: