Cafe Blossom - West Village

Part of the Blossom Restaurant family, this location was established in March 2012. Features creative organic vegan cuisine and extensive wine list in a chic, intimate setting. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, International, Fusion, Beer/Wine
41 Carmine St (West Village, Manhattan)
New York City, New York 10014
646-438-9939

Open Mon-Fri 5-11pm, Sat 12-10pm, Sun 12-9pm.

First Review by Jayness33
mcashman1984
mcashman1984

Proposal

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2014

It was myself and my girlfriends first time to dine here and will always be a great memory for us- food was top quality' the manager Brian and his staff went out of their way to accommodate my request to propose to my girlfriend. Best table in the house-played 'our' song and great service' thanks guys - she said yes'

Mirja Love RAW
Mirja Love RAW
  • raw

Friendly Staff and nice food

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

I came alone but didn`t feel lonely as I was greeted by a friendly and attentive server. I order some seitan or tofu dish which I didn`t like (I tend not to like those as they are pretty bland and boring) so I ordered a raw salad instead. It looked beautiful with edible flowers and lots of greens. Will go back!
Quiet and nicely decorated place (I came right after lunch rush, so it was pretty much empty)

JustaPack
JustaPack

Hit or Miss

3 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

Cafe Blossom has a reputation for some of the best vegan food in NYC. I've been to the West Village location several times. The food is a bit hit or miss depending on what you order. Try the black-eyed pea cakes, they are delicious.

Pros: Food can be delicious, Friendly Staff, Cool decor
Cons: Food is hit or miss, Pretty expensive

aybea
aybea

Good food, but strange menu

3 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2014

The first time I had gone to Café Blossom was sometime in June 2013, and I was unimpressed -- much of the menu were soy-based imitations of classic non-vegetarian foods. I've recently gone back (with a Groupon!) and they had completely reworked the menu with creative vegetable dishes, which I far prefer. I ordered a refreshing salad and patties of mushrooms and sea vegetables, followed by an amazing peach cheesecake. However, in spite the improvements to the food itself, the way that the menu is organized seems really weird to me -- it only has "snacks" and "small plates" and some sides, and the small plates drastically vary in size (for example, you can order a single, tiny raw taco for $3 or an entire pizza for $15). If you go, go with at least one other person and split a few of these small plates. Also, the atmosphere is pretty sleek and dim-lit, which is not a bad thing (good for a date!), but I personally prefer more of a granola vibe!
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 19, 2014

Pros: Creative, interesting dishes
Cons: Weird portions
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

Brilliant

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

my favorite restaurant in nyc. yet to be disappointed. the dishes can be a bit pricey, but worth every penny. i prefer the west village location to the other blossom's around town.

francesca.bresciani8
francesca.bresciani8

Amazing!

5 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

Absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere relaxing, the people kind, the food delicious. The seitan was super tender and tasty...and, big surprise, vegan cheesecake and MOUSSE, really good! My favourite vegan restaurant so far! Excellent!!!!!

Pros: Food super good, Atmosphere, Location
xJasperx
xJasperx

Excellent!

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2013

The food looked fancy and tasted great, the atmosphere was relaxed and the service was really good too. Definitely worth it.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, service
Cons: none
yehadut
yehadut

My favorite restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in the city, and the best of the Blossom chain. For appetizers, get the trumpet mushroom scallops or chickpea fritters. For entree, get the risotto or flatbread pizza. Not everything is good -- for example, the seitan dishes are only ok, and the desserts were all disappointing. But there's so much deliciousness here, you have to come try it.

The decor is very upscale and fancy, and it is rather on the pricey end.

vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

Terrific

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2012

We had awesome gourmet meals! Everything is well presented and delicious. We had the seitan steak, sliders and the chickpea fritters (which melted in our mouths) plus great desserts (the banana cake was superb). The desserts are a little pricey.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Cafe Blossom

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

I had the best vegan brunch (ever) at Blossom's charming location located on Carmine. The neighborhood is cute and walkable to many different things. The space, and the opened windows during August, was quite nice. For brunch, I ordered the fried steak, which came with perfectly fried tasty seitan, wonderful gravy, and healthy greens. It was hard to not pig out and finish my meal, as it was incredibly tasty. The NYC Blossom chain is among my favorite restaurants in NYC and I highly recommend them.

andrea
andrea

More is better

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

The Blossom empire further expands. Most shocking is they don't have the milkshakes! They said the menu was totally different from the other Blossoms, but my husband had the Seitan Marsala. Maybe it has different sides than at Blossom, I don't know. It was fantastic at any rate. I got a Seitan sandwich from "Boards" (which are sandwiches) It was awesome. Not huge though, because I ate my whole dinner which I rarely do. I got one onion ring as a sort of garnish, and it was hands down the best onion ring EVER. So crunchy and not at all greasy. I asked him if I could order a side of them and he said only at Happy Hour. Beer menu is limited for beer-lovers like us.

Jayness33
Jayness33

Delicious!

5 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2012

Great food, very high quality.

The "fried chicken" was so good it actually made me feel awkward eating it!

Salt and vinegar chips yum!

We also had the scrambled tofu and a broccoli special, both we're very nice. :-)

Pros: High quality, Extensive menu , Delicious
Cons: Only a few tables outside

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Blossom - West Village: