Cafe Blossom - Upper West...

Re-opening at this large space in September 2014; previously at 466 Columbus Ave. Casual chic, certified vegan and parve cafe. Serves creative organic vegan cuisine and features the Norwalk juicing system. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, International, Fusion, Take-out, Delivery

PennsyltuckyVeggie
PennsyltuckyVeggie

CLOSING!

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

This wonderful restaurant is closing next week, May 12, 2014. The other location(s) will remain open and they are looking for another location in the same neighborhood.

Brok O. Lee
Brok O. Lee

Wonderful Breakfast

5 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

My friend and I shared the country breakfast and the pancakes. Both were out of this world! A bit pricey, but so good! I'd happily go back any time to try some of the other intriguing items on the menu. Oh, and our waiter told us we could sit and chat for as long as we wanted.

Pros: All vegan, Leisurely atmosphere, Great food
Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan

Meh

3 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2013

I wish I could gush, I really do. I want to support and love every establishment that creates nourishment for vegans, but sometimes I'm simply less than impressed.

I've eaten here once before tonight and I remember the food being quite good, but unfortunately I have no clear recollection of what it was - I do know it was brunch though.

Tonight I went in for dinner. Like others have mentioned, the service was slow and sporadic and I didn't feel very taken care of. A lovely woman server greeted me and answered a few questions I had, and then after I ordered soup from her, a male server came over to ask what I wanted. When I stated I was already being helped, his response was along the lines of, "yeah, that's okay."

My soup took a very long time to reach me, and when it did I was wishing that along the way it had picked up more character and flavor. I ordered potato leek and it was all puree - I was hoping for some chunks of veggies. The flavor was good, but nothing to write home about. However, hot food was welcome on this cold, rainy night.

For my entree I opted for the lasagna as I'm gluten-free and it was the only hot meal offered that fulfilled that requirement (not that I'm complaining, I'm happy I have an option). I was hesitant though - as there was mention of both soy cheese and tofu in the recipe. I try not to eat much soy and that cheese usually just tastes like processed strangeness to me. Again, my choice to order with those hesitations, but I really wanted something warm.

The food was beautifully presented with a heaping arugula "salad" (nothing but the greens) next to it, and the lasagna was laid on a bed of tomato sauce. Pretty, but the most flavorful thing on the plate was the arugula. Sad to say the lasagna was boring and artificial tasting. Despite being made almost entirely of veggies it had very little flavor.

I opted to cut my losses and leave without dessert. Strangely enough, neither of the servers offered me a drink and I didn't realize until halfway through my meal that I had wanted something. Ah well.

Honestly I would probably give them another try for brunch, but no more dinner for me. It's back to the Village when I'm in Manhattan - some of the best places in town are down there!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 26, 2013

Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 26, 2013

Pros: Slow, spotty service, Bland food, Few gluten-free choices
Cons: All vegan, Knowledgable staff, Menu clearly marked for allergies
MissAlanna
MissAlanna

Favorite restaurant during NY trip

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

This place was so good that I had to make two trips +back during my vacation in New York. I got pancakes and my friend got French toast and we were both more than satisfied with our meals. We also got milkshakes to go which were yummy.

Pros: excellent food, nice vibe
Cons: slow service, pricey
HiPB
HiPB

Yum

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

Ate the veggie lasagna and sat outside. The red sauce was somewhat spicy and quite delicious. Meal came with fine sized Arugala salad. Will surely return!

Pros: taste, selection, atmosphere
Cons: price

Yvette Rigby
Yvette Rigby

Great dinner spot

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

Although it's the less upscale version of Blossom Restaurant, Cafe Blossom is a really classy place while still being reasonably priced. Our table ordered their pizza, cheeseburger and southern fried chicken burger, plus a couple of shakes (cookie dough and butterfinger). All was flavourful and delicious. My omni friend didn't even realize the pizza was non-dairy!

Pros: Nice ambience, Flavourful, Fresh
Happy VeganNYC
Happy VeganNYC

Love the brunch menu

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

I'm a regular here on the weekends. I love this place. I love the brunch menu as well as the sandwich menu. The fries could use some work, but everything else is so wonderful that I can't complain. The staff is ESPECIALLY wonderful. Seriously...the guys there are great!

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Great price
Cons: The fries
steveveg
steveveg

Fine Vegan Choice

5 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

We revisited Cafe Blossom,and had a very enjoyable meal. We had the Seitan Piccata special, the Zucchini Linguine (raw) and the Pistachio Crusted Tofu. The Tofu was rather plain, but the accompanying crepe was luscious. The linguine was a bit too creamy. We also had the Mushroom Ravioli appetizer, which was very flavorful. For dessert, we had the very rich Key Lime Cheesecake and the Signature Carrot Cake. The Carrot Cake was very well made. It was a very nice meal, with very pleasant ambiance and also fairly quiet for conversation. There were a number of gluten free options on the menu. We were very pleased.

Pros: All vegan & organic, lovely ambiance, gluten free options
binjones
binjones

blossom -Really!?!

3 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2013

Walked to Columbus Ave location from lower Manhattan. We came with modest expectations. This was a good thing. If you are a person in search of SAD type food then this is great. We found the food overly salty, too large a reliance on fake cheese, butter etc. had unit gone vegan a year ago Blossom would be a GREAT even awesome transition eatery.

Pros: good juices, good flavor
Cons: price, fake foods
VeganAimee18
VeganAimee18

Incredible experience

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2013

I absolutely loved my experience at Cafe Blossom. I shared 3 different appetizers and a main course with the person I ate with, and they were each phenomenal and different in their own way. Everything tastes fresh and unique. The staff was very friendly and the inside decor is classy and fun! Definite recommendation to everyone!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly staff, great atmosphere
Cons: expensive prices
MattB412
MattB412

Vegan Haven on the Upper West Side

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

We just love this place. Friendly staff, yummy food. It's not quite on a par with the downtown Blossom locations (which are more upscale) but it's still a very solid Vegan restaurant. I'm more of a Sunday brunch regular at this location. My absolute favorite item on the menu is the soy "bacon cheeseburger"; it is one of the tastiest vegan sandwiches you'll find anywhere. Be sure to skip the regular bun and ask for it on multigrain toast instead, you'll be glad you did.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 05, 2013

Pros: Good food, Great staff, Large seating area
Cons: Service can be a little slow on occasion
rumpusparable
rumpusparable

Very tasty and comfortable

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

I've been twice and the staff are very friendly. The milkshakes that I've had were awesome. The mushroom ravioli has me right now thinking of going back down there...

The decor and feel of the restaurant is very nice and good for a romantic night out but at the same time is a relaxed atmosphere to just pop in for lunch during the day while running errands.

This is so far my favorite NYC restaurant.

Pros: awesome milkshakes, friendly staff, upscale but not intimidating atmosphere
CliodhnaZtoical
CliodhnaZtoical

Great unexpected find!

4 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

We hadn't planned visiting this cafe last Monday but arrived really early for a talk a the nearby Hayden Planetarium and found Cafe Blossom via the HappyCow iphone app. What a gem of a place it turned out to be. I ordered the 'bacon cheese burger' and it was very tasty and filling. The fries were a little over cooked but over all the dish was great. My friend had a pasta dish which had an almond rather then cream based sauce which she was a little doubtful about when ordering but said it was really tasty and she cleared her plate. The decor was much more up market then what were expecting, very smartly dressed cafe and friendly wait staff without being too in your face. I don't get back to new york as much as I'd like but next time I'm there I'm def giving this place another try and as all the dishes I saw going to other tables looked really good.

Pros: great food, friendly staff
Cons: pricey but then it's the Upper west side
apuerini
apuerini

Outstanding

5 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2013

No need to elaborate. Just outstanding. Food, service and ambience. Don't miss it.

Pros: great service, great food, all vegan
Cons: none
smalak
smalak

Passionate and Compassionate

5 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2013

I just found out all the servers, managers, and juice bar staff (and of course owner) are vegan. This is the ONLY place in NYC I've been to like this and for this reason they get 5 stars. At the bottom of their menus it says "first and foremost animal caring" Kudos to them!
Also I must mention Seitan Frites Au Poivres. SO amazing (especially for those who like pepper as much as I do). Raw Beet Ravioli appetizer with house-aged cashew cream ricotta was completely unique and beautiful. A little noisy, but otherwise pleasant.

Pros: Caring Staff, High Quality Comfort Food, Interesting Menu
Cons: Undisciplined upper west side children
CvETiKonline
CvETiKonline

good menu

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2012

I really liked the place and the menu, tried mushroom ravioli and black eyed pea potato cake - 5 stars to both! Good wine, nice service. Definitely would go there again and again.

Pros: vegan, tasty food, location
HappyYogini
HappyYogini

Heavy meal

4 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

I had a bacon burger, french fries, and the seitan skewers. That was a lot of food! Everything was delicious and hearty, but heavy. I wish the waiter would have given me advice on portion sizes...that would have helped. I know, I could have asked too. My non-vegan friend had an organic beer from Belgium and really enjoyed it.

Pros: hearty food, quiet atmosphere, elegant
angelaxvx
angelaxvx

Worth visiting

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2012

My husband and I visited Cafe Blossom and both got the burgers with salad as our side and shared the Butterfinger smoothie. Everything about the meal was fabulous! The burger was by far the best burger I've ever had, the salad was fresh, and the smoothie was the best thing I've had in years (tasted just like what I remember Butterfingers taste like). We were so pleased we went again a few days later. We ordered the exact same thing except instead of side salads he got the sweet potato fries and I got the regular fries. The fries were soggy and lacked flavor. We waited so long for a server to get us water that my husband (who is very shy) walked up to the waiters' area (where they were just chatting) and asked for a refill. The burger and the shake were still extrememly delicious but the service and the fries need some improvement.

Pros: excellent buger, delicious shake
Cons: crappy tasting fries, poor service
Took
Took

Just OK

3 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

Pros:
+ grilled cheese
+ butterfinger shake
+ benedict
+ friendly server

Cons:
+ terrible service -- verry slow and sparse; also our plates were placed at the end of the table and we had to pass them to each other

That being said, I would go back because I loved what I ordered and I'm willing to give their service another shot.

Pros: Delicious food, Interesting menu, Some raw options
Cons: Service
morius
morius

A bit disappointing

2 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

I'm sorry, but my experience in Cafe Blossom was a bit disappointing.

The dishes weren't that special and they were quite expensive for what they were.
After reading that it was one of the best vegetarian restaurants in NEW YORK CITY, I was truly expecting something more, and I'm not super picky!

Considering I got better food at much cheaper prices in other places, I was disappointed. I'm sorry to say that it doesn't live up to the hype, especially after I went to Zen Palate the next day and got much better dishes for a fraction of the price.

Pros: Nice decoration
Cons: Expensive, Dishes were just "ok"
abbybarker
abbybarker

Perfect

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

I loved this place! I had been looking forward to eating here for a few weeks and it did not disappoint. Ate brunch here, had the mushroom crepe followed by the carrot cake and every mouthful was delicious! A really nice space, good atmosphere, great service. You should go!

Pros: Delicious food, Huge slice of cake, Good space
DaisytheHedgehog
DaisytheHedgehog

Delicious!!!

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2012

I love Cafe Blossom; it's conveniently located near the american museum of natural history and the soy milk shakes are great. I highly recommend the cookie dough milk shake and the nachos. I've brought omnivores to the restaurant and they are happy as well! It has a wonderful atmosphere with quick service.

Pros: All Vegan, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Expensive
vheogl
vheogl

Sunday Brunch

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2011

Popped in for Sunday brunch on a trip to NYC from the U.K. Excellent food and quick service. Atmosphere was relaxed, perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. We had the grilled cheese and a southern seiten sandwich. Both were delicious and were even enjoyed by my very meat loving partner! He also raved about what was his first and I believe only proper cup of english tea in New York.I had the milkshake which was absolutely incredible.

The only negative I have to say about this place was the cookie I had was very below par. Tasted similar to cookies i've had which are either made with too much oil or with Ener-G egg replacer. But I will admit i am a little bit of a self confessed vegan baking snob and it was okay, just not what i was expecting considering the high standard of the rest of the food.

Pros: Location, Food, Service
andreacarioca
andreacarioca

Recipe for success!

5 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2011

Their food is divine, the decoration/ambient is classy, the desserts are memorable, and the staff is very polite. I feel very lucky and tempted for living just 10 blocks away: this is the place my family and I would love to go all the time! But unfortunately you pay for the quality you get, so I wouldn't call the meals affordable. This is definitely a place to treat yourself and your friends.

Loulou
Loulou

Good raw options

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2011

As raw foodists we came here to see what they had to offer. We tried all the options including squash/zuchinni rolls, nachos, pasta and kale salad. They where all beautifully presented and tasted delicious.

Pros: raw options
dnmp
dnmp

Great Restaurant Experience

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2011

Maybe because I am a graduate student, when I treat myself to Vegan food it is usually faster Vegan food. However, I went here for my birthday and it was good food in a great atmosphere.

I also loved the dessert! I had the chocolate cake and it was sooo good and I'm not even a big chocolate fan. I definitely say this is a must stop in NYC for vegans as its good food at not super expensive prices.

Pros: large portions, good desserts
andrea
andrea

Mixed Reviews!

3 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2011

I liked Cafe Blossom, but thinking about the food, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just so great to be in a nice vegan restaurant (can someone open one in Boston?!) We started with the Crostini Tapas, very good and tasty. I had Seitan cutlet in "roasted tomato basil sauce" that really tasted like canned tomato soup--the cheap kind. The sides and the cutlet were great though. My husband had the seitan scallopini which he loved. My son had the mushroom pesto pasta, which came with a bunch of onions (not listed on the menu) which he can't eat, so had to send it back. His new one was just strange, very little pasta and a ton of sauce. It was good he said, but too much. We actually took it home and later mixed it with a bunch more pasta and he loved it. He then had a lovely chocolate/avocado torte/cake? It sounds odd, but the avocado adds gorgeous texture. It was great.

The service was really nice and friendly. No attitude at all. The portions were definitely good size, but no way they are $10-15 unless you get a veggie burger. I got the sense that the food is better than we happened to get that night.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 23, 2008
We returned to Cafe Blossom because we had to pick up tickets for Shakespeare in the Park a few blocks away, then head back for the play later. My husband got fried green tomatos which came on some naked salad greens. He really enjoyed them. I had cold green pea/mint soup. Neither flavor dominated and it just wasn't very good. The big fail was that just as he had finished his app, and I was still eating my soup, someone came over to the table holding our big dinner plates. We looked at him, like what do you want us to do?? He awkwardly put my husband's plate down and took the app plate and I said, can you just give me 30 seconds to finish my soup and bring my dinner back? He put the plate under a warming light and disappeared. So I sat there waiting. Finally we got someone's attention and I got my dinner: Bacon Cheeseburger and really greasy soggy fries. I called the waitress over and she didn't seem to know what to do, except point out that they "are fried" in response to my complaint that they were extremely greasy. But she brought out a plate of hot fries, which were OK. The burger is good, if on a bun that is a bit oversized. The Butterfinger shake and chocolate cake were outstanding. Still, too many problems and better vegan options, so we'll pass on this place from now on.

Pros: Raw Options
conniex721
conniex721

Not Bad

3 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2011

I enjoyed my experience at Cafe Blossom, but wasn't blown away. We got both the Chocolate milkshake and the cookie dough milkshake, both of which were creamy and delicious. The fries were also quite good, and my friend really enjoyed her lentil-quinoa burger. I got spaghetti squash alfredo with cashew sauce. It tasted good, but was a bit too oily and watery? for me. Prices are HIGH but portions are huge, so for New York, not horrible. I found the ambiance of the restaurant to be nice (although the bathroom could have been cleaner, but that's being picky!). Finally, I wish it said on their website that they don't serve brunch during the week. I suppose that is obvious, but we didn't know. I guess I'll have to come back to try their pancakes!
All in all I felt that the dishes could use some refinement in presentation and quality, perhaps using less oil, but I had a good time and would probably return.

Pros: Delicious Milkshakes, Nice Waitstaff, Ample Portions
Cons: Expensive, Heavy Food
bill
bill

Mmmmm . . . Wonderful itroduction to Manhattan

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2010

Our first dinner in Manhattan was at the Blossom Cafe and it was delicious. Our daughter loved the pesto ravioli and I liked the pepper seitan. This restaurant also serves vegan beer!

featherives
featherives

Wonderful food, wonderful service!

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2010

Blossom Cafe was the gem I'd been seeking in NYC. Everyone on the staff that I encountered was friendly and genuinely kind. My server was excited to tell me about the appetizer specials when I'm usually forced to ask about them.

I ordered one of the two specials. However, the wrong one was sent out. It was the BBQ Seitan Skewers. It was the best mistake they could have made. The skewers were phenomenal. I should have ordered some to bring home.

Well, the chef wanted me to have the appetizer that I originally ordered, so the server brought it over on the house. It was such a kind gesture. It was a great raw dish of cheese and crackers.

My lentil and quinoa burger with sweet potato fries was hearty and a great value at $14. I really enjoyed it too. By the time it came around, I was pretty full, so I definitely packaged the half I didn't eat to take with me.

I recommend Blossom Cafe without hesitation. I hope you get to experience the same level of service and cuisine as I experienced.

Pros: service, BBQ Skewers
  • featherives featherives

Oh and the lemon cake was perfect!! Perfect! Perfect! I can't wait to return to try to other desserts.

stevekuzmeski
stevekuzmeski

Enjoyable Sunday Lunch

4 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2010

Had a very enjoyable birthday lunch with my son at Cafe Blossom.

Started with Mimosas and Bimosas (made from grape and grapefruit juice - delicious).

We all really enjoyed the appetizers: Black Eyed Pea Cakes and Mushroom Cigars, along with the Butternut Squash soup.

Two of us had the Southern Seitan Sandwich, which was a great combination of Spiced seitan with caramelized onions, avocado and chipotle aioli on foccacia bread. The only down side, it was too much bread for the sandwich.

My son had the Rosemary Walnut Crusted Seitan, which he loved every bite of.

My wife had the Fettucini Alfredo, which was tasty but could have been a little more flavorful and little on the dry side, but not enough to complain about, just probably won't get again.

Service was prompt and friendly.

Directions from the restaurants web site were very useful especially with the weekend trains running on different schedules.

Pros: Great Selection, Pleasant Atmosphere, Friendly Staff
Cons: Little Pricey
AlanC
AlanC

Always a good meal

4 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2010

We had a great meal here last year in January, so we came to meet friends at CB one more time. The restaurant is spacious, relaxed, airy, and everybody had a wonderful meal. The staff is very nice and are available when you need them. Highly recommend the place.

Pros: Food, Ambiance, Price
dem
dem

Pretty Good

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2009

I loved the Cafe Blossom menu and there were so many things I wanted to try. I decided on the soup of the day (potato leek) and the Tofu BLT with sweet potato fries. The soup was super good, but also super filling. It's such a treat as a vegetarian to actually beable to eat soup at a restaurant and not have to worry about the broth. I almost didn't have room for the sandwich after the soup, but somehow I managed. The sandwich was really tasty - the tofu in it was cooked in an unusual (to me) way and was enjoyable. Their vegan bacon was so delicious, nice and crispy too, I could have eaten a lot more of it! The fries were pretty standard fare. I could only eat 1/2 the sandwich so I got the rest to go. It was still good when eaten cold the next day. I would recommend Cafe Blossom.

Pros: vegan, location, big menu
Cons: price is a little high
sarai
sarai

Scrumptious and amazing

5 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2009

Went to Blossom this past weekend for brunch and LOVED it. What a treat (and challenge!) it was to have a totally vegan menu! We ordered the Pink Lady and Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake for beverages; the juice was perfectly balanced and the shake was creamy and delicious. My boyfriend had a Butternut Squash soup and French Toast - I got the Tofu Scramble. The soup was to die for, the French Toast was practically eggy!, and the traditional scramble well done and yummy. The scramble came with a side of tempeh bacon, which was great - it was in the spirit of bacon, but it wasn't trying to "be" bacon. I have had some traumatic experiences with fake bacon, so this was a nice change. We split a Lemon Cake for dessert.. frosting was lovely, cake was eh. Waitstaff was wonderfully attentive and friendly. Downsides? It's pricey.

Pros: amazing food, friendly staff, fresh juice
Cons: expensive, dessert not up to par with rest of menu
VeggiePinkoKat
VeggiePinkoKat

Blossom is somewhat Awesome

4 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2009

I was excited after reading some pretty good reviews. But I think since I am spoiled from having the best of a lot of veg eateries in Los Angeles & Seattle that it takes A LOT to impress me. That Disclaimer being said, I thought Blossom was pretty good, but not head over heels worthy of love. I ordered the BLT and added avo & cheese (turned out to be follow your heart) w/ sweet potato fries. The sandwich was pretty good--the tempeh was housemade. But- c'mon-how about some housemade cashew cheese too!? I was sad I got a bad batch of the fries, 1/2 were teeny tiny and crunchy-burnt. The other 1/2 was tasty. My guy got a better batch. He ordered a Southern BBQ style sandwich on a ciabatta roll also. We got a side of potato salad (huge portion). Both sandwiches were tasty. The service was prompt and the decor quite nice. Also, if you order a fresh juice get the PINK LADY--it IS truly AWESOME! Last thing to note, VERY EXPENSIVE, all our food came out to $60. This place is like Real Food Daily's little sister, it wants to be like Big Sis, has similar DNA, but still has a way to go.

Pros: Fresh and tasty fare, Incredible Fresh Juice, Prompt service
Cons: Expensive, Needs homemade cheese
jaime
jaime

My new NYC favorite

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2009

I was hesitant to try CB because I was disappointed by the original Blossom's tiny portions and high prices. Cafe Blossom got it just right. Great ambience, food and service without the pretense. We had a seitan special that was amazing!!! The seitan had the perfect texture and the flavors were inventive and delicious! We also had the linguine alfredo and black eyed pea cakes. The only disappointment was the veggie burger. Our server was perfect -- attentive and helpful. Will go back every time I'm in NY!

Pros: best seitan ever, generous portions, great service
Amanda R
Amanda R

Loved it!

5 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2009

This is by far the best vegan restaurant where I've ever eaten. I had the black eyed pea cakes, tomato soup, fettucine "alfredo" with "chicken" cutlets, and lemon cake. It was all delicious! I have no complaints. I was with my two non-veg parents. My dad had French toast which he gobbled up quickly, but my mom had the vegetable grain burger. It was her first time trying something non-traditional and she didn't like it. She only took a few bites and ate a few fries, and they refunded us for it!

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone residing or traveling in the area. You have to try it at least once.

Pros: amazing service, variety, great food
Cons: crowded, not many "traditional" style foods, you can only eat so much in one sitting
markc7
markc7

Nice ambience, tasty food

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2009

This restaurant has a nice vibe to it. Chic design while still casual, good service, the kind of place to go on a second date. The food was very good, particularly the desserts.

Pros: Ambience, Good portion size, Tasty all vegan food
brainyblonde
brainyblonde

• raw

Not as good as what I'd read/heard

2 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2009

I had heard good things about the Cafe Blossom so thought I'd make a trip there when I went to New York. I admit I was a bit let down. Their fresh squeezed veggie juice just lacked something and had lots of chunks in it. When I ordered my tea it just came with a plain white cup with a tea bag in it. He didn't ask if I wanted any sweeteners, soy milk or anything. I'm used to a little tray - maybe something a bit more aesthetically pleasing and inviting..

The salad was ok but even it was just ok. Nothing special. I ordered the raw Linguini Zucchini i (which I get at a raw place here in Florida and loooove) I know CB isn't a raw restaurant so maybe I should have ordered something cooked but thought that the zuchinni was blah with no sauce at all (I suppose I did not read carefully and thought there'd be some kind of topping. Not just a big plate for of zucchini for 20 bucks. The cooked dish (sweet potato gnocha something or the other) tasted dry and not so great. We skipped dessert because we were a bit scared and booked it out of there. People were friendly but that's about all I can say nice about the place.

Pros: friendly staff, clean bathrooms
Cons: food wasn't that great, kinda cold and plain
msincredible
msincredible

Will definitely go back

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2008

I found the food to be well-prepared, very fresh and flavorful, and the service to be very friendly and helpful. This was my first time here, and I'll definitely go back my next time in town.

Pros: Tasty, Good service, Wide selection
yoshidasam
yoshidasam

Not the greatest

3 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2008

We asked specifically for very low oil. Both dishes came very oily.

Pros: Variety
Cons: Oily, Didn't follow instructions
JenniferF
JenniferF

Will go back.

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2008

I liked Blossom, too. A good variety on the menu which would make me go back to try more. Great to have fresh juices and the juice guy was willing to go with customer requests that were not on the menu. Portions seemed a little small, and if you're looking for some simple veggies you won't get it here.

philjdomm
philjdomm

Very relaxing brunch

4 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2008

UWS: Very spacious; non over crowded; lots of fresh air from wide open window doors, perfect!
Raw salad roll using vegetables than carbohydrates are my favorite type of dishes.

baruchadam
baruchadam

a fine establishment

5 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2008

A quality experience from start to finish. Would return and strongly recommend. Restaurant window states that they are kosher, but there is no visible supervisory letter.

condekedar
condekedar

Awesome food, great location

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2008

Cafe Blossom, like its sister restaurant in Chelsea, is a gem. The ambience is chic and modern, but the service is friendly, prompt, and exceedingly helpful. My pecan-crusted seitan had a complex array of tastes and textures, and my friend's chipotle aioli sandwich was spicy and fresh. Portion sizes are generous. I also greatly enjoyed my mimosa, which is an unusual drink option at a vegan joint. To make things even better, Cafe Blossom fills the great need for a quality vegan restaurant on the Upper West Side. Highly recommended.

Pros: Food quality, Service, Location

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Blossom - Upper West Side - temporarily closed: