Cafe Below

Serves meat, veg options available. Formerly all vegetarian but no longer Nov 2011. Located in the heart of the city and has a separate coffee/tea bar. Resides in the crypt of an old church that was rebuilt after the great fire of London in 1666. Well presented food. Offers a hot main dish each day, plus soups, desserts, and large salads. The prices are reduced for take away orders and if you dine-in at off-peak hours. Breakfast until 11:30 each day. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, English, Non-veg

veganmiss
veganmiss

Veg Options in a Crypt

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2012

A really interesting find is Cafe Below (formerly The Place Below). It is in the crypt of a church, St. Mary-le-Bow. Lucky me, I was taking an architecture class and my tutor took me right to the church! No searching for me. Anyways, it's a vegetarian cafe/restaurant in the crypt of this very old church. Creeppy! Guess we should not praise seitan then, huh?

Their menu changes daily, so get ready to be surprised!

For a completer review, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2009/03/veg-london-part-two.html

Pros: vegan friendly, amazing atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Below: