Cafe-Bar MundoManila

Ecobar with zero impact. Serves vegetarian and vegan food. Has wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Spanish, Beer/Wine
Plaza de las Descalzas 3
Granada, Spain 18009
+34-958210312

Open Mon-Thu 10.00-02.00, Fri-Sat 17.00-03.00.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by SagarKShah
lizipfe
lizipfe

a lovely little place

4 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

After a not so good experience at the much raved about el piano I decided to try this place with a friend and I'm so happy I did, there was a lovely atmosphere as soon as I stepped inside. I had read mixed reviews about the place so decided play it safe and just try the tapas which comes free with a drink. I was so impressed that I then went on to order the vegan burger. It was by far the best burger that I have had in Spain and for 2 drinks, 2 tapas and a burger with chips only costing 9 euros you really can't go wrong. The staff were all friendly and accommodating, even helping us with directions to another vege place not so far away. Great job MundoManila :-)

Pros: lovely staff, great food, big portions
vegancharlie
vegancharlie

disappointing for vegans

2 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2012

this place was a real let down. after reading the good reviews i thought we were in for a vegan treat but the service, vegan menu & food was disappointing.
the vegan items on the menu all read to be quite bland and uninteresting - its definitely more suited to vegetarians. i ordered the falafel which was under the heading VEGAN items & my vegetarian boyfriend ordered the apple & cinnamon crepe. i asked if hummus came with it but the guy told me no that it would be too much food & that it came with only tomato & lettuce. this sounded strange & a bit boring to me but i ordered it anyway.
it came out & it was just that: 5 falafel balls on top of some lettuce & tomato & a sauce that was definitely NOT vegan - like a mayonnaise or tartare type sauce. i really didn't want to waste the food or make a fuss, so i ate it. i really wish i'd said something now as i felt sick afterwards & its simply not ok to add dairy onto a meal that states on the menu clearly that it is vegan. no one there could really speak much english so i just left it.
my boyfriends crepe was bland and not filling at all. the service was lazy & unhelpful. i can see why vegetarian locals like it - the music & student vibe in the sun was nice. it felt like they had vegan options just to simply cater for us.. not to make good cruelty-free food.

i wouldn't go back. el piano is a much much better place for good, healthy & tasty vegan food with a smile!

Cons: dairy in my VEGAN meal!, unfriendly staff, boring menu for vegans
Toriay
Toriay

Nice place to hang out, ok tapas

3 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

The best thing about manila is that you don't have to specify that you want vegetarian tapas like you do everywhere else.
The food is certainly nothing special but you can't really complain when tapas are free! The ambience is nice, they play good music and the staff are very friendly. They also do good coffee and offer it with various non-dairy milks.
It's located in (in my opinion) one of the nicest parts of the city.
Oh, also one of the reviews said that the owner is no veg but he definitely is.

Pros: ambience, Staff, Location
Cons: Food is a bit poor
Nephi
Nephi

Mundo Manilla

5 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2012

Located at a square and has a terrace. I ordered a vegetable burger and got a huge plate with homemade fries and a delicious burger for only €5,50. The staff was friendly and they have almond, soy, rice and hazelnut milk for drinks and smoothies. Cool/bar resto to hang out and the burgers are just great.

chrdold
chrdold

strange

2 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

some strange things happened to me when I was there:
a neighbor was watering his plants above the terrace and gave me a shot as well. Asking the staff about it he said that it is normal like that
to wash my hands I had to go to womens washroom
I got a vegetarian tapas with my drink. I told the staff that I am vegan. He took it away and didn't bring me anything new. With my next drink I asked for vegan tapas and he said of course they have and brought me some.
Just after reading about their efforts to reduce CO2 within the bar, I ordered a non-alcoholic "Whole Earth Organic Ginger Beer" and was pretty surprised to get it served in a can...

the food was not very special
after my stay there a local told me that it is more like a trendy thing that they are a vegetarian restaurant and that the owners are not even vegetarian themselfes.
that fits to my whole impression.
there are definetly better places to go to in Granada.

Pros: nice to sit outside
Cons: taste, motivation of staff, contradictory

ecocat
ecocat

Fun, hip, chill spot to hang out in Granada

5 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

I first ended up here when my partner and I had a 5-hour layover between buses and needed some vegan food. What a lucky place to end up! We took the #3/#33 bus across town and got off a block or so from MundoManila. This is a great place for chilling, drinking, eating, surfing, etc. The menu is clearly labeled with vegetarian/vegan details. We ordered fresh orange juices, teas, some Asian stirfry, hummus, falafel, and the vegan hamburger. All were quite good, but I highly recommend the hummus. It is made fresh (whole chickpeas appear in it) and is wonderfully seasoned. The staff are super-friendly and laid back and look like they are having a good time. You might have to assert your needs at some point; it's just that kind of place. It's not a formal dining experience. It's hang-out-at-the-sidewalk-cafe experience and listen to some reggae. One waitress even has her dog around, and he will "Play Dead" for scraps if you say "Poom! Poom!" Highly recommended for some yummy, healthy food with excellent atmosphere! Customers do all kinds of things here from eating meals to drinking beers to surfing the net to getting high on coffee.

Hanna Louise
Hanna Louise

cool place, uninteresting vegan food

3 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

I've only tried the vegan food here, and it wasn't bad but nothing exciting and not cheap either. However, it is a nice place to hang out and drink coffee with oat/almond milk--they have couches and wifi

Pros: good atmosphere, good vegan lattes
Cons: few vegan options, not great food
harlekwin42
harlekwin42

A vibrant place to eat

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2012

MundoManila provides large portions of great, simple food, at very reasonable prices in a buzzy atmosphere. Very friendly staff, free wifi, good music.

Pros: ethical, very friendly, great, good value food
Tara HD
Tara HD

Decent food in relaxed atmosphere

3 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

We ordered a vegan salad and burger with fries. The salad had different descriptions in Spanish and English. We told the waiter so and asked which one we would get. He didn't know. We ordered it anyway. Unfortunately we got what the Spanish description said (tomatoes, mushrooms, celery) instead of the other one (ruccola or spinach, avocado and onions) which sounded a lot more appealing.
The burger tasted OK but the buns where huge and the patty normal sized, so it was a lot of bread with not so much filling.
Has a good selection of beer and juices.

psiphi75
psiphi75

Laid back place

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2011

Laid back cafe/bar mainly with younger alternative
crowd, very busy... when we were there at least. Because is a bar, has a good range of beers and wines, although don't which are vegan. We all ordered the vegan hamburger because it was the most interesting sounding. It was an average vegan hamburger with fries, very big and very filling. Cheap too! Although the vegan range was limited, there is plenty of choice for vegetarians. Spoke English.

Pros: Has wifi, Good selection of beer, Good food
Cons: Not the best for families
SagarKShah
SagarKShah

Excellent

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

Wonderful cafe/bar in central Granada. Great range of herbal teas. Several vegn options (including delicious burger and chips, falafel, and bolivian rice/vegetable dumplings). Tasty wines (2EUR for a glass of house wine + free vegetarian tapas). Friendly staff. Good music. Bar is lively and popular in the evenings. Definitely worth a visit if you are in Granada. Highly recommended.

Pros: Affordable, Lively atmosphere, Great tasting food
Cons: A bit casual for some

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe-Bar MundoManila: