Serves meat, veg options available. Mar 2014 reported added meat to its menu and is no longer pure veg. Present menu is more similar to other restaurants in the area. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Fusion, Moroccan, African, Non-veg
Rue des Banque Hotel Kanriya 10, Medina
Marrakech, Morocco

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by BaganzizKitchenBaga
Johi
Johi

Not bad ;)

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

We visited in January 2014 and the place served no meat then, however they had fish on the menu.
I did not explain properly what I meant by 'vegan' salad and I got one with tuna and egg :) Well, I ate it, as it would be a waste not to and I count it as my mistake -> it was our first day in Morocco's jungle and we were only learning how Morocco works :)
The place was very friendly though and I really like their toilets :)
So yeah... worth a visit, but explain to them properly what 'vegan' means :)

Pros: Location, decoration, price
marieke.head
marieke.head

Very disappointing

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2014

After specifically tracking it down, we were disappointed to find only a few vegetarian menu items, no more than any other cafe in Marrakesh. Given the cafe's prime location in Marrakesh and it's French/English menu board, the server did not seem to know their menu. After having asked for the Moroccan salad (tomatoes and peppers) we were given salads with egg (we're vegan). Once we got the right salads, they were tiny, quite boring and expensive.

BaganzizKitchenBaga
BaganzizKitchenBaga

SALADE avocat in jus citron

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2013

We ate here 3 times as we enjoyed it so much. As a vegetarian I struggled to find tasty food to eat whilst in Marrakech, however Baganziz did a very tasty vegetable tagine. Unlike other veggie tagines I'd had whilst we were away this one had flavour and was well cooked. Good selection of veggies too. The veggie couscous was ok, and better than other places, but the tagine was my favourite. My boyfriend and son are both meat eaters and they had the chicken and kefta tagines - both looked good and the informed me they tasted excellent. My son can be a little picky but he ate it up. The crepes were excellent too, although don't make the mistake we did thinking they would be starters - they are big enough for a lunch or light dinner! Super cheap! Each meal we had came to less than £10 for three of us, often that was with two courses and two drinks each. Fantastic atmosphere. It's great to sit and watch the goings on. Youssef, the owner, is wonderful and very friendly. We also heard some interesting reggae remixes of well known songs! Definitely recommended.

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Baganziz: