Re-open Oct 2015 after move from 40 Crwys Rd. Hare Krishna run veggie food cafe. Serves chapati wraps, vegan cheesecakes, and street food. Has Wi-Fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Western, Take-out

konlish
konlish

Nice Burger

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2015

We had the Vegan Babu Burger, Chips and Noodels. I liked the burger patty it's quite nice. The chips were good too. I did not like the noodels. It seemed to lack flavour.

The cafe is spacious and cosy.

Pros: Vegan Options, Spacious and Cozy for a Café
Cons: Had dairy products
Alyson
Alyson

Tasty and simple

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2015

Branded as 'street food', this is a very central venue. I was served quickly, and I think all, or nearly all, the main meals were vegan. The menu was: curry, noodles, burger, veg skewers, quesadillas (sp?), dahl etc. Plus a selection of cakes. The carrot cake was vegan and yummy.

You can eat in or take away. My own small issue is that even if you eat in the food is served on (compostable) single-use trays and cutlery. What's wrong with plates, or the lovely stainless steel that other HK places use? Probably more environmentally friendly than throw-away stuff.

Pros: Range, Tasty, Central Cardiff
Cons: Throw-away trays
uuiiioo
uuiiioo

Fantastic!

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2015

I've only been once so far, but I'm in love and will definitely be back! They have a good rage of vegan food available and it's all delicious!

It's right next to a bus stop on a busy road, so it's easy to get to.

Pros: Excellent food & great value, Friendly staff & lovely vibe, Easily accessible

claire lille
claire lille

Great vegan cake

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2014

Lovely place to eat with friendly people. The dinner was good but cake wonderful.

Pros: Great cake, friendly staff, Nice inside
AnnaDavies
AnnaDavies

My favourite place!

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2014

I cannot recommend Cafe Atma highly enough.
All dishes are vegetarian with no egg, and almost all can be made vegan.
Really good value for money too.
Best veggie burgers around!

Pros: Lovely staff, Wonderful dishes, Low cost
CatharineMarie
CatharineMarie

I love this place :)

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2013

Cafe Atma is great - the atmosphere is lovely and cosy and the staff are all very friendly and welcoming. The food and the cakes are delicious and their coffee is amazing - as good as Starbucks/Costa. They do all the different kinds (not just filter coffee) and have soy milk of course.
Most of their cakes are vegan and I believe all of their meals have a vegan option.
It's my favorite place for coffee/cake and for vegan food in Cardiff.

Pros: Inexpensive, Great food and coffee, Great staff
Cons: Location isn't central, Can be cold by the doors in winter
Rachelsmum
Rachelsmum

Veggie and vegan paradise

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

I've had two meals in Cafe Atma and they were both fabulous! The staff are really friendly and there is a lovely atmosphere. They are open Monday to Saturdays and have meditation and other activities in the evenings. It's a great place to meet like-minded people.

Ilse1973
Ilse1973

Best veggie burger ever!

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

I've been eating veggie burgers for 20 years now and sadly I've had some of the meat variety before that, but these top them all. Scrumptious, moist, delicious!

We had the Atma meal, the veggie burger meal and I could not resist and had some cake. We polished it off. We had no plans to come back to Cardiff any time soon, but we will now, just to stop by Atma again to have something to eat.

The opening hours have changed though. From the top of my head it's 11:00 - 20:00.

Pros: Brilliant food, Ever so friendly, Good price
julianne
julianne

very zen!!!

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2011

Cafe Atma is really cute and well designed. I had the indian wrap and then a cheescake and some cookies and hot chocolate. I was hungry!! They were all really great and cheap too. I really recommend this place. There is internet and the staff are friendly, helpful and let you chill!!

Pros: food, decor, atmosphere
Cons: opening hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Atma: